• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What would make your ideal bot?

Started by UserLoser, February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UserLoser

I'm looking for ideas of some features for a unannounced project that's currently under development.  What kind of things would you want a bot to do?  What do you ('the community') want out of your ideal bot to use on Battle.net?

A little list of some of the features already underway:
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Powerful plugin system, based off of BinaryChat
- Ability to host/join UDP games (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II)
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
- Complete Diablo II realm support
- Complete ladder listings for each product as well as news and tournament listings for The Frozen Throne
- Complete support for Battle.net clan management on Warcraft III
- Battle.net icon file (.bni) reading for the channel userlist.
- Support for downloading from Battle.net's internal file server (both versions 1 and 2)
- RTF-style chat logs for ease on the eyes reading chat logs
- Automated spambot/floodbot filtering ('short visit protection')
- Support for the Valhalla Legends BotNet for easy communication and database accessibility/syncronization between bots and other users
- Built in Telnet server for access from remote locations (such as work/school/friend's house)

Last but not least, the uniquest idea of all that has never been seen before on any bot to the public's eyes (this isn't really an idea, it's already been implemented and functions correctly):
- Automatic version check file patching upon new game version releases.  The bot will automatically download the patch file and execute it appropriately to patch your version check files to rid of any version check file/version code headaches.  The bot will optionally bruteforce the latest version code, however, a fingerprint searching formula is being considered to locate the version code automatically.

I pretty much think I hit all the huge features right on the head, I'm just not sure what else there is to do.  Let me know.  Please, no tacky ideas like built in AIM support or "Tic Tac Toe" like StealthBot or something.  BNLS/JBLS support will not be considered because it is not always gauranteed to be there.  I know you can say the same for BotNet, but implementing a BNLS client will totally change the entire client-side interface for the Battle.net chat server

Official status thread: here

rabbit

Dissociative GUI.

[edit]
Tic Tac Toe :P

But really, also support for additional protocols, like IRC or what not.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Don Cullen

Suggestion: finish the ideas you have now, complete v1.0, and release it. Once you have generated a good amount of interest, you can then begin to harvest ideas.

Also, for plugins, make sure the plugins are able to access the web and download pages into variables. I regularly make use of this capability in StealthBot because it allows my site and my bot to remain in sync.

I see you said multiple profiles and a powerful plugin system; I assume you're putting in safety measures to ensure people cannot abuse the bot? sounds like there's a potential for abuse there.

I also assume there's an option to prevent the bot from making use of BotNet? (this is in case BotNet dies)
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

brew

Document the UDP game protocol on Bnetdocs? =/

And by the way, everyone here made their own chatbot. If they want a certain feature in a chatbot, they look no further then to their own bot.

EDIT* To be honest, I don't think game support would be such a great idea. Noobs would download your bot and abuse it as much as possible. If I were you, I would leave game support of anything OUT.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Don Cullen

Quote from: brew on February 26, 2007, 06:28 PM
Document the UDP game protocol on Bnetdocs? =/

1. Bnetdocs is down.
2. If you're referring to the Starcraft game protocol, while it's not documented on bnetdocs, it's already available for public viewing on the forums. A few clicks, and I'm looking at  documentation galore.

http://forum.valhallalegends.com/index.php?topic=12107.0
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

brew

Thank you, Kyro. I will check that link out.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

UserLoser

Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 06:03 PM
Suggestion: finish the ideas you have now, complete v1.0, and release it. Once you have generated a good amount of interest, you can then begin to harvest ideas.
Most of the ideas have already been completed.  The only things really left is to finish writing the rest of the actual network client and begin on the fun things.

Also, for plugins, make sure the plugins are able to access the web and download pages into variables. I regularly make use of this capability in StealthBot because it allows my site and my bot to remain in sync.

I see you said multiple profiles and a powerful plugin system; I assume you're putting in safety measures to ensure people cannot abuse the bot? sounds like there's a potential for abuse there.
The plugins are able to do whatever you want.  That is why it's a plugin.  Check this out, it tells a bit about how the plugin system from BinaryChat works.

I also assume there's an option to prevent the bot from making use of BotNet? (this is in case BotNet dies)

If you don't want to use the BotNet, then don't connect it.  It won't connect it unless you tell it to.

Don Cullen

How can I tell it to connect if I don't have the program in the first place? You haven't even released a beta version. ;)
Regards,
Don
-------

UserLoser

Quote from: rabbit on February 26, 2007, 05:47 PM
Dissociative GUI.

[edit]
Tic Tac Toe :P

But really, also support for additional protocols, like IRC or what not.

IRC is strongly being considered.

Don Cullen

Regards,
Don
-------

Dale

Userloser, May I ask what langauge this will be written in? I'm automatically assuming Visual Basic 6.
Also, Why add IRC support, Why don't you leave that up to the plugin support? Actually, Nevermind IRC support would be wicked easy to do anyways.

Sounds good Userloser

UserLoser

Quote from: dlStevens on February 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
Userloser, May I ask what langauge this will be written in? I'm automatically assuming Visual Basic 6.
Also, Why add IRC support, Why don't you leave that up to the plugin support? Actually, Nevermind IRC support would be wicked easy to do anyways.

Sounds good Userloser

C++...I was shocked to see you assume Visual Basic.  Doing things like version check file patcher/lockdown/hashing/such in VB is stupid.

Don Cullen

Mmm. Again, why would you add in IRC support when that could be best left as a plugin?
Regards,
Don
-------

UserLoser

Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Mmm. Again, why would you add in IRC support when that could be best left as a plugin?

I doubt there's anyone out there who would want to write the plugin (and do it good)