• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What would make your ideal bot?

Started by UserLoser, February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dale

Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 07:55 PM
Quote from: dlStevens on February 26, 2007, 07:53 PM
Userloser, May I ask what langauge this will be written in? I'm automatically assuming Visual Basic 6.
Also, Why add IRC support, Why don't you leave that up to the plugin support? Actually, Nevermind IRC support would be wicked easy to do anyways.

Sounds good Userloser

C++...I was shocked to see you assume Visual Basic.  Doing things like version check file patcher/lockdown/hashing/such in VB is stupid.

True, True..

Somereason I thought BinaryChat was in Visual basic 6, and you said you were using a plugin system simmilar. Hah, Bad assumption.

Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 08:13 PM
Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 07:57 PM
Mmm. Again, why would you add in IRC support when that could be best left as a plugin?

I doubt there's anyone out there who would want to write the plugin (and do it good)

Hell, I know IRC is pretty simple, I could check it out. I'm new at C++ though

<< C# <3

Barabajagal

do it *well. And you could write it yourself, and just release it as a plugin, so the users that have no use for it won't have to download the code for it.

Dale

But honestly, IRC is extreamly simplisitc it's one of the easiest things to do in sockets. It wouldn't require much time, space, nor effort.

Don Cullen

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 26, 2007, 08:27 PM
do it *well. And you could write it yourself, and just release it as a plugin, so the users that have no use for it won't have to download the code for it.

Agreed.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Spht

Option to run as service so that when logging on/off on Windows the bot remains running, as well as option to hide the bot completely (from task bar and system tray) and restore it using command line or telnet

BNLS/NBNLS support for quick installations

This level of icon support

Battle.net user profiles which contains information like if they're filtered, custom description, custom color, custom icon that overwrites icons.bni icon, etc

brew

I think IRC should be a plugin. But then again, plugins are (kind of) excuses for the bot creator to leave certain features out. For example, Fleet-'s new chat bot has an advanced plugin system. Whenever I ask him to add a certain feature, he would just say "code it yourself". And UserLoser, can't you just make a .dll with C++ for functions such as hashing, lockdown, etc? Then code the rest of the bot in vb6. (just because!) But seriously, I think the udp game support has great potential for abuse. Leave that out!
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

rabbit

When did he ever say this bot was going to be public?  And what motivation does he have to release a lockdown compatible hashing library?

Anyway, @Spht, my dissociative GUI remark was along the lines of what you said, only less detailed.  I'd definitely like the bot to focus on doing bot things, and having a separate thread handle the GUIness.

@brew: That's just cause Fleet-'s an ass.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Don Cullen

Good point rabbit. But also consider: it appears that he is coding a plugin system. Based on prior experience with other kinds of software, usually plugins indicate that the software is intended for eventual public release. I'd think it's safe to assume that while the software won't be released for the public anytime soon, the ultimate intention is to. The only question here is when.
Regards,
Don
-------

Don't wonder why people suddenly are hostile when you treat them the way they shouldn't be- it's called 'Mutual Respect'.

Mystical

lol @ brew saying code the bot in vb6..

Im not sure if i misunderstood about the BNLS, but maybe a optional BNLS or Local hashing would be good idea.

also like what i did in my bot a few years back, multi profile with each profile holding there own database, but for the ones that could be on moderation including differnt channels will work with each other banning ect.. ie; loads, with out affecting the profiles you are switched to chatting on :P

Don Cullen

Idea: custom packet editor, the capability to customize response and types of packets to expect, and the ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet. This would allow plugin authors to further update the bot long beyond your intent to maintain.
Regards,
Don
-------

Joe[x86]

I want to see you do it in .NET, UserLoser. That way plugins aren't nearly as much of a headache.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

UserLoser

Quote from: Joex86] link=topic=16401.msg165919#msg165919 date=1172552575]
I want to see you do it in .NET, UserLoser. That way plugins aren't nearly as much of a headache.

They are not a headache at all.  The bot passes over a structure that the plugin returns full of function addresses (or null if the plugin doesn't support it).  Upon an event, the bot calls that address and the plugin acts upon it.  It's a rather easy system.

Writing a program that requires another big thing such as .NET framework to be installed is just silly

Ringo

Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Ability to host/join UDP games (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II)
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
- Complete Diablo II realm support
Way to screw over bnet.
Anyone with the abbilty to add such support should know its not fit for public domain. show some repect :P
That last thing battle.net needs is ingame massloaders. (that is what it will be used for)

Just my 2 cents -- I thought you had more sence than that :)

UserLoser

Quote from: Ringo on February 27, 2007, 01:34 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on February 26, 2007, 05:38 PM
- Support for logging on every Battle.net product using local version checks and password hashing
- Multiple profiles running per executable, the user should never need more than one executable running at a time.
- Ability to host/join UDP games (Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft II)
- Ability to host/join Diablo II games and Warcraft III custom/arranged team games
- Complete Diablo II realm support
Way to screw over bnet.
Anyone with the abbilty to add such support should know its not fit for public domain. show some repect :P
That last thing battle.net needs is ingame massloaders. (that is what it will be used for)

Just my 2 cents -- I thought you had more sence than that :)

We'll see.

Barabajagal

If you add P2P File Transfer, add Secure Instant Messaging over IP as well. A simple XOR encryption is good enough. Also, it might be fun to add customization to the icons used (like my bot). Just have all the icons in a zip file or something, so that people can edit them, and have your bot extract and read from it. It also cuts down on the file size of the EXE. And if you add Clan support, make displaying the clan tag in chat optional. In fact, as many options as possible is always almost a good idea. Any feature should be optional/changeable.

And...
Quote from: Kyro on February 26, 2007, 09:26 PM... ability to modify even the header/footer of a packet.

BNet is NOT going to modify the backbone of their packet system. There's no reason to.

|