• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Were be that pesky gnome

Started by KrewL RaiN, February 20, 2007, 11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrewL RaiN

The gnome copy cats are taking over bnet lol. Were like were be the real gnome =P

Spht

Should be back as soon as BNLS comes back :)

brew

Wha... BNLS is still down? Spht aren't you supposed to maintain it? What's wrong with BNLS in the first place? I may never get a chance to test my 0x1a code now ;(
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

rabbit

Spht can't turn on the server no matter how much access he has to it.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Barabajagal

KrewL RaiN

zomg it back keekekke
* KrewL RaiN kicks hdx server status thingy for not showing smilies

guess blns is back up? xD

Spht

Quote from: KrewL RaiN on February 20, 2007, 11:35 PM
The gnome copy cats are taking over bnet lol.

You mean CIanGnome for instance? :)

KrewL RaiN

omg busted xD that was fun though people thought I was the real one xD

The other 3 are hdxgnomie, chatgnome, and pawngnome (who keeps changing names that bugger)

Spht

Quote from: KrewL RaiN on February 23, 2007, 07:18 PM
omg busted xD that was fun though people thought I was the real one xD

The other 3 are hdxgnomie, chatgnome, and pawngnome (who keeps changing names that bugger)

I like how they're all "gnomes"...gold!

Edit:  Modified ClanGnome article to reflect this trend

KrewL RaiN

oh god, another one

[12:43:14 AM] <To TJOC.Gnome@Azeroth> FAKE GNOME #4 FAKE GNOME #4

Spht

Maybe I should keep up with the competition!

Any ideas for more statistical information the web site could show?  What information would you like to know about Battle.net clans that ClanGnome could figure out during its travels?

KrewL RaiN

this one is rigged: http://warlock.brent.googlepages.com/gnome

It has a most abused by list and other stats clangnome doesn't collect, but likes to spam its masters plugins url lol... aka spamgnome

disco

Can it (or does it already) show when clans were created?
Say it with me:

Spht

Quote from: KrewL RaiN on February 25, 2007, 05:38 PM
this one is rigged: http://warlock.brent.googlepages.com/gnome

It has a most abused by list and other stats clangnome doesn't collect, but likes to spam its masters plugins url lol... aka spamgnome

Those statistics are quite flawed.

1) It doesn't forget clans.  Many of the clans that are listed on the web site have probably expired, or even re-created by someone else, making a lot of the information inaccurate.

2) "Highest level clans" is flawed.  If the bot saw 3 members with average level of 30, and another clan with 20 members with average level of 25, then the clan with 20 members should be considered "highest level clan."

3) "Most talkative clans" is highly unreliable to the point where it's useless

4) "Least intimate" is possibly flawed.  Does it keep track of all the members of a guild or something?  How does spotting a member outside the clan make that clan less intimate?  To ClanGnome, an "intimate" clan is one whose channel contains the highest ratio of members to visitors (and takes into account a couple other things).

5) It spits out raw stats when spoken to (or .commanded) on Battle.net, which isn't very gnomish!

Quote from: disco on February 26, 2007, 10:40 AM
Can it (or does it already) show when clans were created?

ClanGnome doesn't, no.  There's a link to a clan's Battle.net profile on the stats page though, which contains the creation date.