• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

W2BN

Started by Mystical, February 09, 2007, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystical

Getting on WAR2 Client theres about 30-50 people online. would you think soon that maybe they'd restrict it to public channels only? I mean you'd even be lucky to just find a game in the game list, and ussally If you do find one its lagged out.

Barabajagal

War2 uses CD-Keys. They're not going to restrict a game like that unless it's something that makes sense to restrict (like Japanese Starcraft). It's not worth their time :P

Mystical

Like warcraft II is worth there time anymore? no one plays it, almost basicly as much people as StarCraft JAPAN. so what if it has a CD-Key doesn't affect anything, it still could be restricted to Public Channels.

Barabajagal

that's what i just said. It's not worth their time to restrict war2, or even touch it anymore.

Mystical

I mean its not worth for war2 to be on even public servers, I am thinkin eventually they will out mode it like they did others?

Barabajagal

...what do you mean by "public servers"? They haven't bothered to remove any games from bnet, ever. Hell, you can log on as starcraft shareware, which has a version of 1.01. They still support d1, dshr, all the spawn games... things that haven't been touched in years. Laziness is the easiest form of action, and that means they're not gonna bother changing anything about games they don't care about until they convert all the BNet servers into WoW servers.

Mystical

I was probley thinkin of other things when i was typing but i ment to say,They may move W2BN to Public channels only, turn in into a spawn game. =(

Why would they even remotly want to convert bnet into wow? That'll never happen, but as games get older they get pooned to the PUBLIC only channels so that new games can have a new spot.

anyone else have an opinion before this turns into the STUPID PEOPLE ARGUING ABOUT STUPID THINGS. =)

Barabajagal

Just a side note... 63.241.83.10 used to be a West BNet server. It's not anymore. I'm fairly certain it's now a WoW server. I could be wrong though.

Spht

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 09, 2007, 07:23 PM
until they convert all the BNet servers into WoW servers.

Woah, back it up, back it up.  Beep, beep, beep. Tractor story?

Ringo

I think JSTR was restricted due to Bnet server bugs.
Like if a public/private channel were full' JSTR clients could still enter it, as if there was no limit. :P
Back then tho, CHAT could join most channels to :)

Barabajagal

So basically the rule is "CD-Key games won't be restricted unless there's a glitch".

Ringo

I think in Starcraft japans case, there was a number of things battle.net side that needed fixing/updating, but none if any JSTR players to benefit, making restricting it easyer.
I think (not sure about todate) some bugs still exist, like even after they restricted JSTR, if you droped a load of JSTR clients (more than 40) into channel StarcraftJ, the battle.net servers used to screw up and send the clients into StarcraftJ 1, StarcraftJ 2 etc, and kept going, moving them from channel to channel :)
That was some years ago, so no telling if it still does it. :P

Barabajagal

Also... [16:19:56 PM] There are currently 586 users playing 62 games of Warcraft II, and 174915 users playing 35176 games on Battle.net.

Mystical

8x62=496 so even if every single game was full to max of 8 theres still more w2bn logged on, which is doubtful most of the w2bn  logged on is are bots through bnls, now only if skywing could confirm the w2bn logs on the BNLS server also i've never been sure if thats just one server or ALL servers but if so all servers that would be like 20 games each server, maybe 2-4 players max n each game. not very much people on the actual client AT all.

Barabajagal

the /users command lists all four gateways. when i logged into war2 to take that quote (which i just realized has the time in military and AM/PM :o ) there were about 25 people in the channel, all active.