• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Main Menu

W2BN

Started by Mystical, February 09, 2007, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe[x86]

Quote from: [RealityRipple] on February 09, 2007, 07:23 PM
...what do you mean by "public servers"? They haven't bothered to remove any games from bnet, ever. Hell, you can log on as starcraft shareware, which has a version of 1.01. They still support d1, dshr, all the spawn games... things that haven't been touched in years. Laziness is the easiest form of action, and that means they're not gonna bother changing anything about games they don't care about until they convert all the BNet servers into WoW servers.

They're not going to convert the Battle.net servers into WoW. They rolled out all new servers at WoW release and did some insane retrofitting just these pasts months. Upgrading their Battle.net servers will be even more work, where they could just buy new ones and piss less customers off.

Do the math, a million WoW subscriptions times $15 per month. That's what they have to throw around. Keeping the Battle.net servers up is no object to them.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Tomcat

I believe they're making room for their next game, which will have its multiplayer component run through B.net.  As for War2, they'll never move it into public channels only.  I don't believe (and I could be wrong) that JSTR had keys specific to the Japanese version.  It was a unique circumstance, and since War2 has it's own keys, there is no way they'll force those players into public channels.  They paid their 5 bucks, just like everyone else.

Mystical

They paid there 5$ to play the game not for battle.net, Battle.net is a free of service charge and more of a privlage then rights. they moved JSTR to public only channels, Im sure they can do the same for any other game thats not getting its attention.

Hell-Lord

Quote from: Mystical on February 23, 2007, 01:40 AM

They paid there 5$ to play the game not for battle.net, Battle.net is a free of service charge and more of a privlage then rights. they moved JSTR to public only channels, Im sure they can do the same for any other game thats not getting its attention.

Yea they could if they wanted to but i don't think they would waste there time in doing so.

Mystical

They wasted there time doing it with others, and they waste there time with other useless non-sence  :P

Joe[x86]

I don't forsee any action taken against WarCraft II in the near future.

Now that I put thought into it, I think lockdown was the result of Blizzard getting scared that perhaps we were getting a bit too close to generating StarCraft keys. That conversation we had got pretty deep.

TheMinistered

Once again joe, you're wrong.  Just try not to say anything unless its factual, cause your opinions smell like rotten asshole roasting over a fire.

Tomcat

@TheMinistered:Your last three posts have all been flames towards joe[x86] :-(

Anyway, as for W2BN going the way of JSTR, it's possible, but unlikely.  Just like it's possible but unlikely for them to drop SC spawn or D1.

brew

If anything I say the spawn clients are going DOWN.
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

Joe[x86]

Quote from: TheMinistered on February 24, 2007, 09:17 PM
Once again joe, you're wrong.  Just try not to say anything unless its factual, cause your opinions smell like rotten asshole roasting over a fire.

Fuck off. You can't even make an insult worth posting.

For the record, the administation doesn't take kindly to people making pointless, nonsensical insults. Remember Mangix? He's gone. Wonder why.

Clean up your act before you're banned.

EDIT -
WarCraft II isn't popular enough for Blizzard to care about it, but we haven't had any luck in generating Alpha-Based keys yet, so they don't need to do anything, as it's fine in it's current state.

StarCraft was given Lockdown as a last-ditch effort to keep bots (probably key-generator research bots) from passing the login. They're worried that we're going to generate keys, but aren't willing to put all it's legit players on public channel restriction.