• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Is BNLS working ok?

Started by Eternal, December 17, 2006, 07:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystical

well the ingame play looks somthing similar to w3, d2, do they have a server like battle.net channels and all? and if so possibly a ss? if possible.

warz

Quote from: Mystical on December 22, 2006, 01:31 PM
well the ingame play looks somthing similar to w3, d2, do they have a server like battle.net channels and all? and if so possibly a ss? if possible.

The game has a seperate connection for the chat server. There are multiple game and chat servers. There are not seperate channels, but you can send chat to "world", "gms", "guild", etc. With some creativity im sure you can figure out how to send text to groups of your choice.. maybe even groups not natively supported by the client itself. ;)

It's a pretty weak protocol, as far as protection and anti-emulation attempts go. I don't think emulation clients have even occured to them. The logon process is 3 packets, not counting the occasional ping packet. The first is a version message that you need to reply to. And, to be honest, it doesn't look like the server even cares what you reply with. The second is a logon message. This message uses a modified SHA1 to hash the password, then the username, and then has an algorithm that "mixes" the data from both digests into a single array, which is sent back to the server. The third message is the character select message. This one looks easy, but I haven't had time to get to it yet.

I'm interested in seeing wether or not it's possible to log onto "nonexistant" character ID's, or something along those lines. If the character select message follows the current trend, it should be possible to mess it up somehow. :P

thebigred

You could use your hosts file to redirect bnls.valhallalegends.com

Set up JBLS http://www.jbls.org/?p=JBLS and put the line "127.0.0.1 bnls.valhallalegends.com"

Mystical

Quote from: warz on December 22, 2006, 02:53 PM
Quote from: Mystical on December 22, 2006, 01:31 PM

The game has a seperate connection for the chat server. There are multiple game and chat servers. There are not seperate channels, but you can send chat to "world", "gms", "guild", etc. With some creativity im sure you can figure out how to send text to groups of your choice.. maybe even groups not natively supported by the client itself. ;)

It's a pretty weak protocol, as far as protection and anti-emulation attempts go. I don't think emulation clients have even occured to them. The logon process is 3 packets, not counting the occasional ping packet. The first is a version message that you need to reply to. And, to be honest, it doesn't look like the server even cares what you reply with. The second is a logon message. This message uses a modified SHA1 to hash the password, then the username, and then has an algorithm that "mixes" the data from both digests into a single array, which is sent back to the server. The third message is the character select message. This one looks easy, but I haven't had time to get to it yet.

I'm interested in seeing wether or not it's possible to log onto "nonexistant" character ID's, or something along those lines. If the character select message follows the current trend, it should be possible to mess it up somehow. :P

Sounds cool, I'll download the game and check it out, If i like it, imma get to work, but i'd still like to find somthing thats closer to battle.net's chat server, doesn't matter what games it supports, I am thinkin about possibly trying gamespy again.(heard they kinda got enormus from what they use to be)

Quote from: thebigred on December 22, 2006, 03:10 PM

Uh.. lol?

l2k-Shadow

Set up JBLS http://www.jbls.org/?p=JBLS and put the line "127.0.0.1 bnls.valhallalegends.com"

JBLS is not compatible with lockdown libraries.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Hdx

OR, you could just set it to one of the IPs for the real BNLS server and save yourself a lot of trouble.
All it is is a domain problem.
http://hdx.jbls.org/?p=Servers has a list of all there IPs, along with the ones posted earlier in this thread.
And yes, JBLS does not support lockdown, because I am shit at reversing, thats not going to change so meh. sorry yall use the real server, its made for a reason.
~-~(HDX)~-~

Proud host of the JBLS server www.JBLS.org.
JBLS.org Status:
JBLS/BNLS Server Status