• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq Update - argument component

Started by BreW, October 31, 2006, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

warz

Quote from: NetNX on November 01, 2006, 10:26 AM
Well even if it was possible it would not be a practical method for distribution. The idea being that you would need to distribute 'Starcraft.exe' with your bot for it to work. I don't know if you remeber all that drama a few months back with stealthbot getting threatened for carrying and distributing hashes (known now to be a prank). Having a user written library that is not technically the property of blizzard.

@Kp, do you really think blizzard would do that too us? I mean they have never tried before... Worst i'd expect would be an account/cdkey ban.

What are you talking about? Do you not realize all bots have always needed starcraft.exe, and there has never been a problem with people getting it themselves? I don't see what you were trying to get at in your first statement.

Skeptical

Brew you can't even read a hex dump for christ sakes..You just want ringo to hand over his method so you can go back to your post on the source and take credit for it.

http://www.radracer.us/ts_ben/forum/v2/viewtopic.php?t=557

"Don't worry, Fleet-, RaidenMZX and I are working on this problem! Please be patient!"

In a time when the community is actually comming together to work on something you're only worrying about looking cool in front of your 2 friends.

The only thing you're doing is hanging over this thread waiting for someone to throw you the answer. Get real and try to do something.

By hooking SC.exe I believe he is actually loading starcraft up to do the revision at login. Correct me if im wrong.

MysT_DooM

something about using sc's window from wat he told me

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

BreW

Quote from: Skeptical on November 01, 2006, 03:10 PM
Brew you can't even read a hex dump for christ sakes..You just want ringo to hand over his method so you can go back to your post on the source and take credit for it.

http://www.radracer.us/ts_ben/forum/v2/viewtopic.php?t=557

"Don't worry, Fleet-, RaidenMZX and I are working on this problem! Please be patient!"

In a time when the community is actually comming together to work on something you're only worrying about looking cool in front of your 2 friends.

The only thing you're doing is hanging over this thread waiting for someone to throw you the answer. Get real and try to do something.

By hooking SC.exe I believe he is actually loading starcraft up to do the revision at login. Correct me if im wrong.

let's not get into a fleet- vs shadow war hur
and what makes you think I can't read a hex dump?
And if you re-read my last post you would see i said he should release IT not the source......

MysT_DooM

theres a delete button for your posts , please clik it

BreW

Quote from: MysT_DooM on November 01, 2006, 03:27 PM
theres a delete button for your posts , please clik it
Thank you for your contribution, Thieves.

MysT_DooM

better yet, click on ur profile , look at the end of ur menu and click "delete this account"  , you'll win a prize!!

BreW

[4:35:17 PM] MysT_DooM has been forum squelched.

Anyways, what about using a pointer? I'm not an expert at this (i'm a total noob) but I believe that you could execute starcraft.exe for the duration of the login and make a refrence to the login sequence subs and be able to use it to construct the proper packets to login, although I bet somebody already thought of this...

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

BreW

I don't get it

Anyways, where can I get a decompiler?
That's the only fool-proof plan to get bots working again...

Warrior

LOLOLOL
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Rob

I have devised a solution for logging onto bnet with the affected clients.  However, I am not going to disclose any details because I feel that battle.net is a better place without the floods/loads etc that come along with loading starcraft.  I feel that someone else may solve this issue, but I think they should use caution before releasing any information about this patch.
Rob@USEast

Yegg

Quote from: rob on November 01, 2006, 04:24 PM
I have devised a solution for logging onto bnet with the affected clients.  However, I am not going to disclose any details because I feel that battle.net is a better place without the floods/loads etc that come along with loading starcraft.  I feel that someone else may solve this issue, but I think they should use caution before releasing any information about this patch.

Somehow I highly doubt what you just said could be considered truth. I am sure that anyone with a real solution would not keep it a secret the way you did. What I mean when I say, "the way you did", is that you claim to have a solution and you come and mention it on the forums and you say how you will not tell anyone about how your solution works. Why even bring that up? How much more irrelevant can you get to this issue?

FrostWraith

Quote from: BreW on November 01, 2006, 04:35 PM
I'm sure you do

Haven't found that delete button yet?

Also, what's with the sarcastic remark? How are you to know whether or not he has found a way. With your limited knowledge in programming, I don't believe you have the right to challenge the claims of other individuals.

|