• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq Update - argument component

Started by BreW, October 31, 2006, 06:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

BreW

gg... it looks like we're screwed.
I was talking to my friend while we were in Clan Cell about the new update. The blizzard sysop who idles there had the nerve to disconnect us. Screw you, Blizzard.
Hdx: You forgot to mention SSHR and JSTR.

BreW

I bet 20$ e-money to Warrior that the only people who are going to get it are either skywing, UL, or hdx.

Spilled

Quote from: BreW on October 31, 2006, 06:39 PM
I bet 20$ e-money to Warrior that the only people who are going to get it are either skywing, UL, or hdx.

Speak for yourself.

UserLoser

Seems a bit odd that W2BN would be left out of the group that was affected

Michael

The question isn't  "can bnls be fixed". it's will skywing update it so people can abuse it.

FrostWraith

Quote from: -MichaeL- on November 01, 2006, 12:04 AM
The question isn't  "can bnls be fixed". it's will skywing update it so people can abuse it.

Abuse?

Mystical

This is lame, by the time i always fix one of the patchs a new one comes out so that i have no time to work on my project (only because i have limited time), im about to give up..

warz

Quote from: Mystical on November 01, 2006, 02:02 AM
This is lame, by the time i always fix one of the patchs a new one comes out so that i have no time to work on my project (only because i have limited time), im about to give up..

... on?

Mystical

If you mean by what, then i mean by the random projects i've always just worked on over the years, advancing the same projects over and over as a progress but only as personal use.

MysT_DooM

Quote from: UserLoser on October 31, 2006, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I dont think there's an "easy way" around this...better start using War3 for your bots and don't be stupid and make a floodbot (for anyone out there)

I don't think that's really do-able, Shadow

but theres alrdy massload/flood bots out there that support war3/d2/war2  o.O

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: MysT_DooM on November 01, 2006, 11:40 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on October 31, 2006, 11:42 PM
Honestly, I dont think there's an "easy way" around this...better start using War3 for your bots and don't be stupid and make a floodbot (for anyone out there)

I don't think that's really do-able, Shadow

but theres alrdy massload/flood bots out there that support war3/d2/war2  o.O

Yes, but as there are way fewer cd-keys for those clients.. and those cd-keys are much harder to generate, I don't think w3/w2/d2 loading will become a problem. But then again, there is absolutely no guarantee bnet won't lockdown those clients in the future. I don't think they will though, because they know they need to still keep some bots allowed for the network to live. If they locked out all the bots, all the non-gamers would leave bnet, and all the gamers would be pissed because they could no longer effectively moderate their channel.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Skeptical

has battle.net realized they need some bots to thrive hmm?

on the other hand they could jus be preparing for the update of the rest and getting ready to screw battle.net once and for all.

BreW

Okay, we get the general idea why blizzard is doing this,
now how about we acually work on fixing this! ATM I say we should do what Ringo is doing to connect with starcraft, until we find a permanent solution.

FrostWraith

Quote from: BreW on November 01, 2006, 02:29 PM
now how about we acually work on fixing this!

You don't understand how complicated these things are. You talk like it should be a no brainer. FYI, people are working very hard on this atm.

BreW

I'm just saying...... skeptical/l2k-shadow are acting like how to fix it isn't important, and why blizzard did this is

|