• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq update?

Started by Ringo, October 31, 2006, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

ZergMasterI

Quote from: Newby on November 21, 2006, 08:04 PMI've got a question: how do I code VB6 in Linux?
Sadly, you cannot =/.

It is a Windows-only language. Notice it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Microsoft Visual Basic 2005, etc.
Microsoft isn't into the whole 'cross-platform' thing.
I'd like to see you try to code/execute VB programs in WINE. :)

Newby

- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Yegg

Quote from: ZergMasterI on November 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
Quote from: Newby on November 21, 2006, 08:04 PMI've got a question: how do I code VB6 in Linux?

You can run them from WINE. I've done it.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Hero

Kp

Quote from: ZergMasterI on November 21, 2006, 08:10 PM
Sadly, you cannot =/.

It is a Windows-only language. Notice it says Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Microsoft Visual Basic 2005, etc.
Microsoft isn't into the whole 'cross-platform' thing.

You can write VB code just fine on Linux.  You just cannot run it without the aid of WINE or a real Windows system.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

warz

I'm not too sure if I'll be releasing much of anything, atm. I'll gladly help others out if I see you're trying on your own, though.

UserLoser

Quote from: Newby on November 21, 2006, 07:35 PM
Quote from: UserLoser on November 21, 2006, 06:34 PM
Pathetic

Elaborate, Mr. MVP. You should be setting an example, not (what seems to be) criticizing warz' work.

Nothing I said was towards warz in anyway, he worked hard on this and deserves some respect.  It's pathetic that immediately people (not saying any names) are asking for it so they can add it to their bots

l2k-Shadow

So I came accross a loader using BNLS today, Skywing should make it private -_-;;
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

topaz

I think this would be a good time to reenable a certain authentication system
RLY...?

warz

bnls needs a logon delay. something like 3 logins in one or two minutes results in a period of 10 minutes in which you cannot use bnls' authentication messages.

replaced

I think many of you over exaggerate on the effect bots have had on channels BEFORE lockdown was even implemented, just look at the past year and barely anyones been loading.  Most likely someone winbotting / trying to get originals.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: replaced on November 24, 2006, 02:04 AM
I think many of you over exaggerate on the effect bots have had on channels BEFORE lockdown was even implemented, just look at the past year and barely anyones been loading.  Most likely someone winbotting / trying to get originals.

yeah and you're talking out of your ass. My channel has been loaded about 3-4 days per week before lockdown and I actually have the loader that uses BNLS and someone loaded our channel with it yesterday. I would also like to point out that this loader is really crappy and makes a new connection to BNLS per bot instead of just sending it CheckRevision requests from one connection. But yeah I definitely think there should be a limit of requests per IP or an auth system.

Ersan

I hope it's not my bot :(

mine does that because you can specify different bnls servers on a per-bot basis (for compatibility), maybe that loader thing does too.

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: Ersan on November 24, 2006, 11:00 AM
I hope it's not my bot :(

mine does that because you can specify different bnls servers on a per-bot basis (for compatibility), maybe that loader thing does too.

no it's not your bot, and there is no other bnls server that works with lockdown other than skywing's.

|