• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq update?

Started by Ringo, October 31, 2006, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

warz

Interesting. Continue to keep an eye out for this. If it continues to happen for several days, possibly clients will switch between each method, depending on which dll is specified.

UserLoser

Hmm, I've received ver-xxxx-x.mpq too recently

l)ragon

Quote from: UserLoser on November 27, 2006, 12:56 AM
Interesting part if you check that packet dump there was no checksum formula.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

Hero

Quote from: l)ragon on November 27, 2006, 01:03 AM
Quote from: UserLoser on November 27, 2006, 12:56 AM
Interesting part if you check that packet dump there was no checksum formula.
Oh god, what are they up to now :\

Ersan

I tried connecting to east and west over a hundred times and never got this.

replaced

i think sometimes changes are impletemented in 1 server ip, then they somehow transfer over to other servers. 
For example with cdkeys being muted.  Sometimes the rep mutes keys on 1 server ip.  Your able to use bnet not muted sometimes, then after a week ur muted on the realm, then 2 weeks and ur now muted on all 4 realms.

if they're impletementing more of this ix86 mpq bullshit its obvious there trying to stop all bots.

Denial

Quote from: replaced on November 27, 2006, 02:05 AM
i think sometimes changes are impletemented in 1 server ip, then they somehow transfer over to other servers. 
For example with cdkeys being muted.  Sometimes the rep mutes keys on 1 server ip.  Your able to use bnet not muted sometimes, then after a week ur muted on the realm, then 2 weeks and ur now muted on all 4 realms.

if they're impletementing more of this ix86 mpq bullshit its obvious there trying to stop all bots.

Not exactly true. Hacks have countered this ix86 , lockdown stuff as well so the minor part is to do with bots but i doubt they could care about bots to much exactly the focus is on hacks for the current time but bots do have a small part to do with it just to annoy you.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

replaced

Quote from: Denial on November 27, 2006, 09:31 AM
Not exactly true. Hacks have countered this ix86 , lockdown stuff as well so the minor part is to do with bots but i doubt they could care about bots to much exactly the focus is on hacks for the current time but bots do have a small part to do with it just to annoy you.

http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18738

ppl that use hacks get passed this by enabling there hacks after they login.
can you tell me why a blizz rep said one time that if you are unable to connect to battle.net after being disconnected, don't connect using third party programs?  That was when the ix86 format changed by adding " - ", not exactly used to stop bots...

Newby

Blizzard is freakin' serious, huh?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

warz

I've got both aspects of this project completed. I just need to combine them now! I'll just add a call to my checkrevision wrapper, and it will do the rest of the work for me. i also retrofitted my wrapper so that it works with all 19 other variations. check it :P

replaced

where in the 1a packet from bnls gives me the exe information?

FF 51 46 00 D2 02 96 49 01 00 0E 01 A4 E4 1C 05 01
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0D 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 E1 30
1F 00 00 00 00 00 15 26 E4 D0 EF A6 B9 A3 50 DE 0E
7A F7 D9 B7 A3 83 D1 E7 EB 00 5A 4E 51 46 4B 79 6B
4D 00

Someone tell me which place is blank.  Im getting invalid game ver from bnet

ok works thx to post below lol

warz

Has anyone else even began to attempt reversing lockdown yet?

MysT_DooM

What level of knowledge of asm would you need in ur opinion

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

|