Previous topic - Next topic
|

MyndFyre

Quote from: rabbit on November 05, 2006, 01:17 PM
Quote from: l2k-Shadow on November 05, 2006, 09:57 AM
Quote from: rabbit on November 05, 2006, 06:35 AM
SSHR needs a CD-Key.

wrong.
Then why does my SSHR case have a key on it and the installer ask for a key?
You have a case for Starcraft Shareware?

I just download it from the internet.  No key involved.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Eric

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on November 05, 2006, 01:38 PM
SSHR needs a CD-Key.

wrong.

IIRC, you can install it from the original StarCraft CD.

TheMinistered

So, when is anyone going to start reverse-engineering the new versioning files (lockdown) that battle.net has integrated?  All I see is people ranting about how "they've got some work done" or "We're trying our best" or "blah blah blah I own I'm gonna solve it, blah blah blah lets do this" lol.  How about you mofos crack open IDA and start deadlisting/debugging!

Skywing

Quote from: Lord[nK] on November 05, 2006, 01:45 PM
SSHR needs a CD-Key.

wrong.

IIRC, you can install it from the original StarCraft CD.
A spawned copy of Starcraft is not equivalent to the shareware version of Starcraft.

warz

Quote from: TheMinistered on November 05, 2006, 02:10 PM
So, when is anyone going to start reverse-engineering the new versioning files (lockdown) that battle.net has integrated? All I see is people ranting about how "they've got some work done" or "We're trying our best" or "blah blah blah I own I'm gonna solve it, blah blah blah lets do this" lol. How about you mofos crack open IDA and start deadlisting/debugging!

I have been at it for a while.a good place to start comparing your own call to broodwar's call is storm.350. Storm.350 returns two important values when broodwar call it. Calling it from your own client won't even correctly complete a call to storm.350, because it looks like it requires two different buffer values to be initialized, and ready to be used. Also, it nulls out an area that if I remember correctly, is about 108 bytes long, in memory, and places some values here based on a call to a direct draw function. If you use skywing's ScWnd, youll notice that ScWnd hooks this funcntion, and you will need to follow the hook to the direct draw function.

The two values storm.350 returns that look important are a dword value that doesn't change until you reboot your computer, which is what makes me suspect it's one of these 'memory hashes' i have been hearing about. It also returns 0x280. Both of these return values are used later in CheckRevision which is why simply telling lockdown that storm.350 returns success, when it really returns failure, does not work.

I have found the function that actually calculates this memory specific dword value, but have not yet looked at what it does. That's a project for today. It is a direct draw function though, and from what I remember looking at a couple of hours ago before I went to sleep, the direct draw function required to calculate this value is passed one argument - a dword that looks to be an address but I don't remember if I checked to see what was at that address or not. :-X It takes this address, and I think adds 0x840 to it, and then does some other interesting operations to do, and the final result points to this dword value that the function returns.

I'm not sure if this is even a quality solution, because using this function to fake results from storm.350 would require us to LoadLibrary(ddraw.dll). Maybe that's not so bad, but then again, it'd probably be best to write your own implementation at some point.

I'm going to watch the dallas cowboys game, then continue working on this some more. Hope this information helps somebody. :-p

rabbit

SSHR needs a CD-Key.

wrong.

It was bundled with my Warcraft II BNE when I bought it.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

l)ragon

SSHR needs a CD-Key.

wrong.

I have a cd and case for mine, no key as he's saying though lol.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

iago

That reminds me -- you can still log onto Battle.net with Skywing's DxWnd loaded -- so I guess it doesn't hash every dll in memory..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

rabbit

AFAIK it hashes the section which is used for injection, while DxWnd hooks into the DirectX section of memory.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

l2k-Shadow

Doesn't it scan the memory changed by the well-known hacks and plugins (such as no-cd cracks, and PenguinPlug)
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

iago

Quote from: rabbit on November 06, 2006, 09:02 AM
AFAIK it hashes the section which is used for injection, while DxWnd hooks into the DirectX section of memory.
Which is a loaded dll, which is what I said.  "I guess it doesn't hash every dll in memory"

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

warz

I don't see it hashing many dll's at all. Infact, the only thing I see it doing is making sure some video related buffer matches that of battlenet's provided comparison (more or less). Maybe there is more to this than just in-game hack protection.

topaz

I think Blizzard really is watching these boards, Warrior (who hosts my FTP) received a DMCA takedown notice for the mpqs I posted a few days ago. Also, Ringo's geocities link to the files is gone.
RLY...?

Denial

Quote from: topaz on November 06, 2006, 05:53 PM
I think Blizzard really is watching these boards, Warrior (who hosts my FTP) received a DMCA takedown notice for the mpqs I posted a few days ago. Also, Ringo's geocities link to the files is gone.

I would be happy to host any files you guys might have. Since afterall the servers i use are non-us friendly and don't care about american companies.
Actus non facit reum nisi mens sit rea

Newby

I'm tempted to host 'em on a foreign server that doesn't fuck with feds. They'd simply laugh and say "fuck yourself."
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

|