• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

lockdown-IX86-XX.mpq update?

Started by Ringo, October 31, 2006, 04:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

l)ragon

Quote from: Skywing on November 05, 2006, 12:07 AM
Support for Warcraft II BNE is live as well.  JSTR should be operable as well.
SSHR?
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

UserLoser

Quote from: l)ragon on November 05, 2006, 01:09 AM
SSHR?

BNLS has never supported SSHR

warz

Using the same lockdown library that brood war is using at the time, and passing it the same 'seed' value that brood war is using at that time, should checkrevision called from a test application produce the same checksum value as the brood war one produced?

l)ragon

Quote from: UserLoser on November 05, 2006, 01:44 AM
Quote from: l)ragon on November 05, 2006, 01:09 AM
SSHR?

BNLS has never supported SSHR
Should probably put some thought to it now then.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

warz

Why? Is SSHR allowed into public channels again?

l)ragon

Quote from: warz on November 05, 2006, 04:50 AM
Why? Is SSHR allowed into public channels again?
No its got that same checkrevision now.

warz

But, who cares? SSHR serves little to no purpose.

Hero

Quote from: warz on November 05, 2006, 05:15 AM
But, who cares? SSHR serves little to no purpose.
Maybe when someone wants to create something that doesn't require a cd key it does.

rabbit

Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

warz

hah, just a little bit of reverse engineering humor here. it's 7 AM, about, and I've been at this for awhile, and I came across this..

7377615A  |. 3D ADDBBAFF    CMP EAX, FFBADBAD

uh uh! bad bad! :-P

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Kp

Quote from: warz on November 05, 2006, 02:16 AM
Using the same lockdown library that brood war is using at the time, and passing it the same 'seed' value that brood war is using at that time, should checkrevision called from a test application produce the same checksum value as the brood war one produced?

Probably not.  The whole point of this new library is to catch modifications to Brood War's memory, so it is highly likely that the library will checksum the memory of whatever process you run it in, rather than just check Brood War's files like legacy CheckRevision did (ignoring the legacy CheckRevision hack for finding the executable).  While it may not be a complete checksum, it will probably cover important portions of memory, such as the Warden code, and maybe some of the more popular cheats.  Therefore, you need to mimic at least those portions of Brood War's address space in order to get the correct result.  Determining what those portions are, what to put in them, and how to convince lockdown to check them instead of you (since it will probably not react well to being called in the wrong process) is left as an exercise to the reader. :)

Bear in mind, I haven't even gotten around to disassembling the DLLs yet.  I am simply speculating based on observed results.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Ersan

Or you can do what we do currently and spoof API functions when you run the DLL.  I'd rather someone figure out how to reverse the checksum algorithm though...

rabbit

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on November 05, 2006, 09:57 AM
Quote from: rabbit on November 05, 2006, 06:35 AM
SSHR needs a CD-Key.

wrong.
Then why does my SSHR case have a key on it and the installer ask for a key?
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

MysT_DooM

maybe you just need a cdkey to install sshr on your computer, but when logging onto bnet; it doesnt check the cdkey. ?
hence why you dont need a cdkey
¿?

vb6, something about that combination of numbers and letters is sexy

|