• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

U.S. raises airline threat level after terror plot foiled

Started by Hero, August 10, 2006, 06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- -- The United States on Thursday raised its terror threat level after British police said they had arrested more than 20 suspects in a major terrorist plot to blow up passenger jets flying between the United Kingdom and the United States.

-

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/08/10/us.security/index.html

KrewL RaiN

This is disturbing. Even though they stoped them from doing this shit, the effects of this attempt have been messing with stocks and people are affraid to fly as a friend says.

In ways they did kinda win -_-

rabbit

No more gasses or liquids allowed.  Sucks to be asthmatic...
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

topaz

RLY...?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Topaz on August 10, 2006, 02:56 PM
Isn't the threat level red in GBR as well?
I think its white,actually...but its @ their highest level
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Ishbar

Rule

topaz

You buy beverages from the airline. How do you think they make money?
RLY...?

dxoigmn

Quote from: Topaz on August 11, 2006, 07:00 PM
You buy beverages from the airline. How do you think they make money?

Most airlines give you free drinks, but they do charge for alcohol.

rabbit

Not in sweeeeet first class.  They even give you all your drinks in crystal glasses!
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Explicit

I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Hero

Yea now people are coming 3-5 hours early just to check it, the lines are huge over here so I can only guess how big they are in the lower 48.

dxoigmn

Quote from: rabbit on August 11, 2006, 11:55 PM
Not in sweeeeet first class.  They even give you all your drinks in crystal glasses!

US Airways doesn't do that anymore (occasionally I have gotten glassware) :( I don't know about the other legacies, though. I would suspect most of them cut back on the glassware after 9/11 (for monetary, not security reasons).

rabbit

It's what I got on Aer Lingus in 2004 when I went to Ireland.  Whatever.  We only got little plastic cups on US Airways to St Thomas (coach) though.

topaz

Quote from: HeRo on August 12, 2006, 03:37 AM
Yea now people are coming 3-5 hours early just to check it, the lines are huge over here so I can only guess how big they are in the lower 48.

I got there an hour and a half early, no problems. SJC to JFK and back about three days ago.
RLY...?