• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Fireworks

Started by shout, July 01, 2006, 10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shout

So, after 11 hours of work (and a write up), I decide to go to Rhythm and Booms, a fire works show in Madison, WI. I get there (I took a bus from the tech college parking lot like 2 miles away) and off the bus and an annoucement comes over the PA system.

Quote from: PA system
There has been a tornado warning issued for saulk and dane counties. Please evacucate the park.

There were 300,000+ people in Warner Park (red circle). The storm was like 30 minutes away. 113 is four lanes, everything else is two or one.

I got on the bus before it started raining, and by the time I got to my car it was raining.

On my way home my car overheated. So I stopped at work and found my coolent overflow tank cap had flown off. So I replaced that and like two gallons of water and drove home.

I hate fireworks.

topaz

It's not even July 4th yet!

Edit: Unless... you're Canadian?
RLY...?

Joe[x86]

First off, learn how to spell Sauk County.

Second, I live in Sauk County! Didn't see a tornado but we had a killer storm and green-ish skies.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

shout

Quote from: Topaz on July 01, 2006, 11:42 PM
It's not even July 4th yet!

Edit: Unless... you're Canadian?

Quote from: Shout on July 01, 2006, 10:34 PM
I decide to go to Rhythm and Booms, a fire works show in Madison, WI.

And Joe: You didn't see a tornado? At night?

Joe[x86]

I'm not sure what you're saying.. that I couldn't see it because it was night? Anyhow, I was on the phone with Tory around 8PM when he was walking home from work in the Dells and heard the tornado siren. Didn't see a tornado and daylight was still burning.

KrewL RaiN

wow freekyness.

Weather likes to ruin a many of things, even some firework shows around here got wrecked by the weather.

CrAz3D

it usually rains on the 4th here.
i hope it does, we need it.

we're in such a drought that basically ALL aerial fireworks are banned in the city & the county.  I've seen like 5 firework tents....there used to be those little stands everywhere + alot of tents.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Joe[x86]

Sorry for a several month bump, but CrAz3D, aerial fireworks are banned everywhere I thought, not just the fire hazard.

brew

wtf
aerial fireworks aren't banned :|
<3 Zorm
Quote[01:08:05 AM] <@Zorm> haha, me get pussy? don't kid yourself quik
Scio te esse, sed quid sumne? :P

shout

uh... LAST YEAR JULY PEOPLE >.<

brew

Fo rizzle mi mizzle extra salt on teh dizzle!
<3 Zorm

Mystical

why did u bring up sooo many dead old topics today? trying to get that post count up arnt ya =P

brew

No, I just realized there's life beyond the bot dev board! And also someone needs to bring back old topics...
<3 Zorm

Mystical

its made clear in almost every forum guildlines amoung these forums to not bring back dead topics.

Joe[x86]