• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Dude tries to steal car, owner hits dude with bat, owner charged with assault

Started by CrAz3D, June 14, 2006, 12:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newby

If you walk outside the store it's theft. Otherwise you can put the item down and walk out and nothing bad will happen.

(My friend steals booze from Albertsons and found this out when they caught him.)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Forged

Quote from: Falcon[anti-yL] on June 14, 2006, 02:32 PM
I was in the same kind of situation a few weeks ago at Krogers(Grocery store). It was around 12am and my friend and I were getting something to drink. We just got through checking out and the lady pointed at two guys who were walking to the door each with a 12 pack and kept yelling stop. So my friend started running after them, so what the hell why not? Luckily the two dumbasses ran through the wrong door, which only opens from the outside, it was funny watching them bounce off the door, it was probably the only reason we caught up to them. I grabbed the 2nd guy and my friend chased the other one that finally pushed the door open.

After we got them down and the police finally got there. They arrested the guy that got outside but when they got to me, they just let my guy go... I couldn't believe that shit, I asked them why and they told me that unless they get outside the store, its only considered "intent to steal, not actually stealing". So I guess we just follow them till they get outside next time, what difference does it make?

So I guess the guy has to actually drive away in the car before it was considered stealing? lol

Why did you care that they were stealing beer?  Did it really effect you in the slightest?  You're lucky you didn't get hurt trying to stick your nose in someone elses buisness....
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Adron

Quote from: Forged on June 15, 2006, 04:06 PM
Why did you care that they were stealing beer?  Did it really effect you in the slightest?  You're lucky you didn't get hurt trying to stick your nose in someone elses buisness....

Scenario... Lady suffers from a psychological disorder and is actually just hallucinating/delusional. Two guys walking towards the door hear a psycho yelling at them and panic + start running. Falcon and friend charge after the guys and one of the guys is knocked to the ground. The other guy pulls out his gun and shoots Falcon and friend in self-defense.

Comments?

CrAz3D

Panicing(this word looks weird) & stealing running would look different I'd suspect.  Panicy people would have a look of panic on their face.

Also, I'd think Falcon/buddy would've heard the lady go nuts.

Dude w/gun doesn't have right to ue deadly force.  Also, I doubt the dude with the gun would use deadly force, he'd try to explain what happened...or just be like "wtf mate, the not job went nutty & spooked me...buzz off"
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Falcon[anti-yL]

I was in the same kind of situation a few weeks ago at Krogers(Grocery store). It was around 12am and my friend and I were getting something to drink. We just got through checking out and the lady pointed at two guys who were walking to the door each with a 12 pack and kept yelling stop. So my friend started running after them, so what the hell why not? Luckily the two dumbasses ran through the wrong door, which only opens from the outside, it was funny watching them bounce off the door, it was probably the only reason we caught up to them. I grabbed the 2nd guy and my friend chased the other one that finally pushed the door open.

After we got them down and the police finally got there. They arrested the guy that got outside but when they got to me, they just let my guy go... I couldn't believe that shit, I asked them why and they told me that unless they get outside the store, its only considered "intent to steal, not actually stealing". So I guess we just follow them till they get outside next time, what difference does it make?

So I guess the guy has to actually drive away in the car before it was considered stealing? lol

Did I care they were stealing beer? No. But my friend did, and I'm not about to let him take on 2 guys by himself. I don't know what kind of friend you are, but I got my friend's back and I know he would get mine no matter what. And is it so bad trying to help out? Would you rather have been the person standing there looking retarded or the one crying in a corner?

hismajesty

That's the mentality that allows people to get away with killing/mugging/raping people in broad day, in the middle of a crowd. Everyone is too scared to do anything...but what about when somethings happening to you, wouldn't you want someone to help?

Newby

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 16, 2006, 02:47 PM
That's the mentality that allows people to get away with killing/mugging/raping people in broad day, in the middle of a crowd. Everyone is too scared to do anything...but what about when somethings happening to you, wouldn't you want someone to help?

It's called being one of the masses. They're good at it. ;)
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Forged

Quote from: Newby on June 16, 2006, 03:46 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on June 16, 2006, 02:47 PM

It's called being one of the masses. They're good at it. ;)

Sorry, for some reason I see a difference in stealing beer and raping someone.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself