• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Conservatives

Started by Grok, May 31, 2006, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

rabbit

That's not always the case.  There have been several people found innocent after being put to death, or after sitting on death row for a while.

It's also cruel and unusual punishment to tell someone they are going to be killed, and then tell them they get to dread the day for 15 years while they sit on death row.  It's stupid.

And as you said, "Who is anyone to decide whether someone else lives or dies?"  Most conservatives seem to think they are someone who decides who lives and dies.  If you think that, how can you support the death penalty?  THAT is hypocrisy.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Arta

Shadow already posted a good definition:

# Not limited to or by established, traditional, orthodox, or authoritarian attitudes, views, or dogmas; free from bigotry.
# Favoring proposals for reform, open to new ideas for progress, and tolerant of the ideas and behavior of others; broad-minded.

CrAz3D

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on June 01, 2006, 02:42 PM

No let's not abort every child. I'm talking about people in poverty, children being born to teenage mothers, children who probably would not do well because of no money
OOOH!  Lets kill all of the black babies!  Statistically speaking, aren't black people more likely to commit crimes?

Quote from: rabbit on June 01, 2006, 04:03 PM
That's not always the case.  There have been several people found innocent after being put to death
not once has that happened in US history...look, you wont find it.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: CrAz3D on June 01, 2006, 06:38 PM
Quote from: l2k-Shadow on June 01, 2006, 02:42 PM

No let's not abort every child. I'm talking about people in poverty, children being born to teenage mothers, children who probably would not do well because of no money
OOOH!  Lets kill all of the black babies!  Statistically speaking, aren't black people more likely to commit crimes?

Quote from: rabbit on June 01, 2006, 04:03 PM
That's not always the case.  There have been several people found innocent after being put to death
not once has that happened in US history...look, you wont find it.

So you are racist too? Yes a lot of black people are much poorer than white people due to racist America and slavery till 1800s, however, that is not always the case.

As far as the people sentenced to death, perhaps there have been no people found but there is a lot of conspiracy and speculation over death cases. For example the Sacco-Vanzetti case (http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/sacvan.html)
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

CrAz3D

No, I'm making sense out of what you said.  You said we should kill poor babies & stuff....I say we sohould kill black babies because most criminals are black.

There has been a big execution reform since then, what 1972?...anyways, thats what I meant
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Arta

Not once has that happened in US history...look, you wont find it.

It's impossible for you to know that for sure.

MyndFyre

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on June 01, 2006, 06:45 PM
So you are racist too? Yes a lot of black people are much poorer than white people due to racist America and slavery till 1800s, however, that is not always the case.

As far as the people sentenced to death, perhaps there have been no people found but there is a lot of conspiracy and speculation over death cases. For example the Sacco-Vanzetti case (http://www.writing.upenn.edu/~afilreis/88/sacvan.html)
It's not a matter of racism.  It's a matter of statistics.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on June 01, 2006, 08:53 PM

No it isn't.  rabbit just said that people have been found innocent after being put to death...and under our current execution laws there has not been anyone found innocent after being put to death.
(ré-bun-dance)

l2k-Shadow

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on June 02, 2006, 01:58 AM

OOOH! Lets kill all of the black babies! Statistically speaking, aren't black people more likely to commit crimes?

All blacks are not incapable to financially support themselves.
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on June 02, 2006, 03:01 AM
Quote from: Arta[vL] on June 01, 2006, 08:53 PM

No it isn't.  rabbit just said that people have been found innocent after being put to death...and under our current execution laws there has not been anyone found innocent after being put to death.

Crazed is correct here.  There was recently a case in Virginia where a man was widely believed to have been innocent of a rape and murder of a young girl.  After his execution there were calls to have the DNA reexamined and as it turns out, it supported that he was the killer.  Death penalty opponents were quite sure this would be the first case of a man proven innocent after his execution.  It didn't go so well for them.

Point being, it's known and undisputed that nobody has been executed and then proven to be innocent, yet.

Mephisto

I think what Arta was mentioning was that it's impossible for us to know for sure whether they were all guilty (those sentenced to death) or not; not whether it was investigated and proven.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Mephisto on June 02, 2006, 08:49 AM
I think what Arta was mentioning was that it's impossible for us to know for sure whether they were all guilty (those sentenced to death) or not; not whether it was investigated and proven.
Which is completely irrelevant because we shouldn't change our laws based on speculation but on fact.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: l2k-Shadow on June 02, 2006, 07:35 AM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on June 02, 2006, 01:58 AM

OOOH! Lets kill all of the black babies! Statistically speaking, aren't black people more likely to commit crimes?

All blacks are not incapable to financially support themselves.
That's WAY besides the point.

Not all little kids are going to grow up poor & unwanted.  So either we can abort little babies cuz they're grow up in a bad world while also aborting black babies because they'll commit crimes or EVERYONE gets a chance to make something out of themselves.
(ré-bun-dance)

Rule

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on June 02, 2006, 09:51 AM
Which is completely irrelevant because we shouldn't change our laws based on speculation but on fact.

::).  Isn't that somewhat counter to what you've been arguing in this thread the whole time?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Rule on June 02, 2006, 11:35 AM
Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on June 02, 2006, 09:51 AM

::).  Isn't that somewhat counter to what you've been arguing in this thread the whole time?
I believe MyndFyre is only going with the "kill black babies" thing to show Shadow that it doesnt make sense to do that.
(ré-bun-dance)

|