• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

To build a wall (of any sort) or not

Started by CrAz3D, April 30, 2006, 12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should there be a wall built across the US-Mexico border?

WALL
10 (52.6%)
NO WALL
9 (47.4%)

Total Members Voted: 14

raylu

That could work, or it could worsen the problem (think prohibition).

The buisnesses will go to more extreme lengths to get cheap labor such as transporting them across the border themselves.
Pie?

CrAz3D

1) Thats why I think the wall needs to be compromised in..not just put up
2) If there is a wall & good checkpoints itd be much harder to get illegals here, I don't think people would risk it as much...they'd just come legally & pay taxes
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

raylu

Quote2) If there is a wall & good checkpoints itd be much harder to get illegals here, I don't think people would risk it as much...they'd just come legally & pay taxes
How many illegals came here to avoid taxes?
Pie?

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 01, 2006, 10:16 PM
2) If there is a wall & good checkpoints itd be much harder to get illegals here, I don't think people would risk it as much...they'd just come legally & pay taxes
I don't see how that's necessarily true.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: raylu on May 01, 2006, 10:51 PM
Quote2) If there is a wall & good checkpoints itd be much harder to get illegals here, I don't think people would risk it as much...they'd just come legally & pay taxes
...what?
Illegals came here to work and make as much money as they can to send home, if they dont pay taxes tey have more money to send home

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 01, 2006, 11:44 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on May 01, 2006, 10:16 PM
I don't see how that's necessarily true.
Which part isn't necessarily true?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

dxoigmn

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 02, 2006, 12:15 AM
...what?
Illegals came here to work and make as much money as they can to send home, if they dont pay taxes tey have more money to send home

Except many of them do end up paying taxes. It's not like they're all working under the table. Many of them are using fake identities to give to employers so that they can work without sounding off all the alarms.

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

CrAz3D

Quote from: dxoigmn on May 02, 2006, 04:05 AM
...what?

Except many of them do end up paying taxes. It's not like they're all working under the table. Many of them are using fake identities to give to employers so that they can work without sounding off all the alarms.
Some of them pay into Social Security, but I'm sure that the majority of them do not pay school tax, property tax (they might pay this), income tax.....if they paid all of these taxes they'd be caught much easier

EDIT:
http://wehategringos.com/index2.shtml
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

You'll forgive us if we don't count as authoritative a website called WeHateGringos.com?

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on May 02, 2006, 10:19 AM
You'll forgive us if we don't count as authoritative a website called WeHateGringos.com?
That I will, but the pictures would be hard to make, I believe
(ré-bun-dance)

Meh

If you kill someone in the states it will be harder to flee to Mexico.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Meh on May 02, 2006, 12:02 PM
:-\
might you go on with that point?  Why do you mention it?
(ré-bun-dance)

Joe[x86]

Quote from: CrAz3D on May 02, 2006, 04:14 PM

The wall gets in the way of escaping felons. I'm pretty sure there would be border patrol at the "doors" in the wall, for lack of a better word.

But is this idea even practical? I mean, USA is in enough debt already.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Quote from: J on May 02, 2006, 04:34 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on May 02, 2006, 04:14 PM

The wall gets in the way of escaping felons. I'm pretty sure there would be border patrol at the "doors" in the wall, for lack of a better word.
...k, I wasn't sure.

Yeah, debt is fun though ;) </JOKE>
But, if it is done right (the "wall" wouldn't have to be be a solid concrete wall, from what I saw of the MinuteMen's 'wall' looked pretty nice & was "cheap", $10million IIRC.
(ré-bun-dance)

raylu

...what?
I think what MyndFyre and me are saying is that the issue isn't taxes. Sure, they take something out of our economy, but they come here because they seek better economic statuses/opportunities. They come here illegally because we bar them otherwise.
Pie?

|