• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Campaign Funding

Started by MyndFyre, April 25, 2006, 07:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyndFyre

Len Munsil, GOP candidate for governor against the incumbent Democrat Janet Napolitano, turned his petitions in today to the State Clerk's office to be registered for the primary election.

During his press release, he noted that he was in support of "limited government."

The reporter noted that Munsil was noteworthy because he was the first GOP candidate to turn in the base funding he would need to receive state Clean Elections assistance, which severely limits the amount of money he can receive from PACs and individuals, primarily receiving money from the state.

Does anyone else see a problem with this?!?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

To make sure I'm straight on it, Munsil turned in his state money (which restricted him from receiving more PAC money)....or he is turning in a form filing for this state election money?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

MyndFyre

To get state money, he needs to get some amount of private funding and turn it into the state to get state funding.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on April 25, 2006, 11:32 PM
To get state money, he needs to get some amount of private funding and turn it into the state to get state funding.
Ok.
WTF?...that seems ridiculous, much like somethin gthat would be done here

It was explained to the audience (I was at a PRC debate yesterday evening) that the office of the Public Regulation Commissioner is the only one in the state that can receive state funding to get elected.  Also, you just have to file for it.
2/3 of the GOPs from my district declined the money.  2/2 liberals (one being UBER hypocritical [she pressed for stricter drug laws & then was caught with pot going on a plane]) accepted the funding
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...