• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Bot Project - Paid.

Started by Glexia, March 13, 2006, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Joe[x86]

$500? Nuts. If I had the knowledge I'd make time.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

FrOzeN

Quote from: Joe on March 14, 2006, 10:17 PM
$500? Nuts. If I had the knowledge I'd make time.
Make time, to gain the knowledge, to make the project. :P
~ FrOzeN

warz

I highly doubt this is a legitimate offer. Somehow I refuse to believe any sort of transaction will be made here. I have a feeling the person making the money offer is just going to try and scam the programmer out of their hard work and time on this by some method of persuasion or something.

This is simply retarded. If there was a way to verify that the 500$ currently existed online somewhere, possibly paypal, and that the transaction would have to be made upon trade - I would do this in a heartbeat. It's an interesting project.

Show us the money. ;-)

Glexia

The project is actually underway!

If you want to get on the design team please talk to them. I could work out a little bit more money to get this project go to faster.

:)

Thanks,

Mike

l2k-Shadow

$500+ for a battle.net project. someone needs a life...
Quote from: replaced on November 04, 2006, 11:54 AM
I dunno wat it means, someone tell me whats ix86 and pmac?
Can someone send me a working bot source (with bnls support) to my email?  Then help me copy and paste it to my bot? ;D
Já jsem byl určenej abych tady žil,
Dával si ovar, křen a k tomu pivo pil.
Tam by ses povídaj jak prase v žitě měl,
Já nechci před nikym sednout si na prdel.

Já nejsem z USA, já nejsem z USA, já vážně nejsem z USA... a snad se proto na mě nezloběj.

Hero

Quote from: Yegg on March 14, 2006, 10:09 AM
Quote from: RealityRipple on March 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
Wait... you're going to pay someone $500, plus $100 a year.... for a Battle.net clan bot?

I don't know if he publicly wants to explain the whole story, but let's just put it this way, he's not losing any money.

Yegg

Quote from: warz on March 14, 2006, 11:21 PM
I highly doubt this is a legitimate offer. Somehow I refuse to believe any sort of transaction will be made here. I have a feeling the person making the money offer is just going to try and scam the programmer out of their hard work and time on this by some method of persuasion or something.

This is simply retarded. If there was a way to verify that the 500$ currently existed online somewhere, possibly paypal, and that the transaction would have to be made upon trade - I would do this in a heartbeat. It's an interesting project.

Show us the money. ;-)

You can't possibly be stupid enough to get scammed. It can be avoided with a basic method. He doesn't apparently care what language you use. I would have taken the job however I've never worked with Warcraft III, so I decided not to fiddle with it. My language of choice was also Scheme, and I know he doesn't know that language. If I were to write the software for him just to find out that he wont pay me, well little would he know that I coded my program to be able to read a small .txt document from an FTP I could have setup, and inside that document could be found a single character. Either 1 or 0. 1 could mean you've been paid, 0 could mean you havn't been paid. So if it is 0, the program could refuse to exit, or perhaps even create a process to exit the program and then delete it from the HD. Even if he had the source I'm sure I could make it near impossible for him to find the block of code to remove, remember I would be using a language that he would have 0 knowledge of. So being ripped off shouldn't be an issue. I'm also 99% sure he will be paying for the project to be done.

warz

Quote from: Yegg on March 15, 2006, 07:40 AM
Quote from: warz on March 14, 2006, 11:21 PM

Show us the money. ;-)

You can't possibly be stupid enough to get scammed. It can be avoided with a basic method. He doesn't apparently care what language you use. I would have taken the job however I've never worked with Warcraft III, so I decided not to fiddle with it. My language of choice was also Scheme, and I know he doesn't know that language. If I were to write the software for him just to find out that he wont pay me, well little would he know that I coded my program to be able to read a small .txt document from an FTP I could have setup, and inside that document could be found a single character. Either 1 or 0. 1 could mean you've been paid, 0 could mean you havn't been paid. So if it is 0, the program could refuse to exit, or perhaps even create a process to exit the program and then delete it from the HD. Even if he had the source I'm sure I could make it near impossible for him to find the block of code to remove, remember I would be using a language that he would have 0 knowledge of. So being ripped off shouldn't be an issue. I'm also 99% sure he will be paying for the project to be done.

Well, I wasn't really refering to you and scheme. I was just talking about in general.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Doing a b.net bot in Scheme is like driving a huge lifted offroad Escalade to your commute at a desk job in the city.

Yegg

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on March 15, 2006, 07:22 PM
Doing a b.net bot in Scheme is like driving a huge lifted offroad Escalade to your commute at a desk job in the city.

How so?

MyndFyre

The vehicle with which you accomplished your task is cool, but too impractical for actual use.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Mystical

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 15, 2006, 08:33 PM

The vehicle with which you accomplished your task is cool, but too impractical for actual use.

talkin about my truck huh.. -_-.

Banana fanna fo fanna

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on March 15, 2006, 08:33 PM

And you're doing it mainly for the image.

|