• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Bot Project - Paid.

Started by Glexia, March 13, 2006, 06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glexia

So far no one took me up on the offer. Some people say the bot is roundabout and refuse to program it. I will offer 500$ for the first person who can meet these expectations and to program to what I want and exactly what I want with their suggestions being put in and probably cleaning up the code.

I'm not looking for someone to tell me my design sucks, rather just someone to put my design into place.

If you have negative opinions about the project, please keep them to yourselves.

Thanks,

Mike

Warrior

Cmon guys, $500 for a bot..someone jump on it..or I will.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

The-FooL

If I had the time, I'd do it.

Glexia

It's a great deal with great benefits. I'm going to be paying the person a yearly maintenance agreement of 100$ to keep the source updated. Just code it the way I want and don't tell me how bad my ideas are.

FrOzeN

Out of curiosity what are you aiming for with this bot? Personal use (private/public?), or to get it spread around?

[EDIT] Just noticed you said "We require a much more complex bot than that.", who else is it for?
~ FrOzeN

Glexia

RealityRipple

Wait... you're going to pay someone $500, plus $100 a year.... for a Battle.net clan bot?

Hero

That is what it sounds like.

MyndFyre

Quote from: Glexia on March 13, 2006, 09:57 PM
So far no one took me up on the offer. Some people say the bot is roundabout and refuse to program it. I will offer 500$ for the first person who can meet these expectations and to program to what I want and exactly what I want with their suggestions being put in and probably cleaning up the code.

Interestingly enough, I had chatted with some other folks about creating a successor to StealthBot in C# and VB.NET.  We ended up killing the project because of a lack of our own interest (Bnet just doesn't hold my interest anymore that much), but it shouldn't be that difficult.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

warz

Yeah. This project would be simple. Similar to MyndFyre, though, Battle.net bot programming just isn't interesting enough anymore.

Ringo

Hm, sounds pritty easy to me.
You just make a single client read the important parts of incoming chat events, and distibute its sending chat across the other 7 slaves.
When a user gets banned/shitlisted etc, the event is sent to the "master" server bot, who would ecco the event to all other bots on the network, so the user gets banned when entering another of the clan channels.
And on connection, the client bots on the network could just download the databases from the master server, and/or download updates between downtimes (if 1 or more clients went down)
The rest would be nitty gritty done it 1000 times before stuff.
Assuming thats how you want it to work, i dont see the problem, maybe "everyone" could help make it and have the money go to charity. (seriously)

I can only code in vb6, other wise i would help with the remote data base stuff (the rest (bnet) is plain boring)  ::)

Yegg

Quote from: RealityRipple on March 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
Wait... you're going to pay someone $500, plus $100 a year.... for a Battle.net clan bot?

I don't know if he publicly wants to explain the whole story, but let's just put it this way, he's not losing any money.

Glexia

I think I may have found two people to work on it :) Thanks again for all your help! :)

Mystical

hmm.. $500.. Actually i have heard of this done before.. some war3 clan created some sort of bot to interact with the others on each server..

but as they say if the price is right we can do it.

rabbit

$500?  Nuts...I'd do it if I had the time...
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

|