• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What school are you going to?

Started by Networks, February 26, 2006, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Networks

As the 2005-2006 acceptance letters are coming in, I am pondering what school's you senior's this year have been accepted to or are planning on going to. Perhaps this thread will give insight to others who will be applying later and perhaps member's already enrolled in a college can give insight to prospective students. Feel free to express your thoughts in a respectful manner.

This is my list:
Arizona State University: Accepted (Scholarship)
University of Arizona: Accepted (Scholarship)
Purdue: Accepted
Texas A&M: Accepted
University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign: Accepted
Georgia Institute of Technology: Accepted
University of Texas: Waiting
Michigan Ann-Harbor: Waiting
Northwestern: Waiting

My first choice currently is Georgia Tech however I am still waiting for more letters, just keeping an open mind. Does anyone have any insight in schools I've applied to?

iago

University of Manitoba.  May be small-time, but I am very impressed with their Comp Sci program. 

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

quasi-modo

Quote from: iago on February 26, 2006, 12:00 PM
University of Manitoba.  May be small-time, but I am very impressed with their Comp Sci program. 

25,000 undergrad students is a small-time university?
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

iago

Quote from: quasi-modo on February 27, 2006, 10:32 AM
Quote from: iago on February 26, 2006, 12:00 PM

25,000 undergrad students is a small-time university?

Beats me.  But it's in Canada and nobody south of the border has ever heard of it.  It's almost entirely local students, I think. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

TAMU:  you really want to be an Aggie?

I respectfully reserve my rights to ROFLCOPTER you if you do. ;p

DarkMinion

For the love of God, don't be an Aggie.

jigsaw

ASU, So many hot fucking girls! and Lake Havasu isnt far. I mean you reeally have to think here, what do you want out of a college? A stupid piece of paper with your name on it? Or the hottest wife on the planet? Its shirts off year round, big blonde tan boobies, gotta love em!

Stealth

- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

MyndFyre

Quote from: jigsaw on February 27, 2006, 02:28 PM
ASU, So many hot fucking girls! and Lake Havasu isnt far. I mean you reeally have to think here, what do you want out of a college? A stupid piece of paper with your name on it? Or the hottest wife on the planet? Its shirts off year round, big blonde tan boobies, gotta love em!

QFT.  jiggy, you're from the area?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Fr0z3N

topaz

Quote from: Fr0z3N on February 27, 2006, 06:05 PM
Yale.

What, you want to go into law?

I intend on going to Cornell or CIT.
RLY...?

Yegg

I've got MIT on my list. My chances of getting in are very slim, I've heard about people with perfect SAT scores being rejected. My second choice is CMU, if that fails, I've got some local colleges I can choose from.