• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What school are you going to?

Started by Networks, February 26, 2006, 11:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

We have colleges on campus at the University of Manitoba.  They're just like other buildings, except that people live there.  So I drew the conclusion based on that. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

quasi-modo

Okay well like auburn has the college of engineering, college of veteranary medicine, college of whatever, we have lots of different colleges and then we have lots of departments too like physics and math. Basically here it is a college if it has its own building and a lot of different majors I think basically. Instead of a chair a college would have its own dean. Auburn is  large University comprised of colleges. However there are many small colleges that offer many different majors and have different departments. So the term college can apply to just like a school I guess (such as something like andrew college, a really pretty little two year private school in cuthbert, ga).

To me the term college generally applies to a small school, or a division in a very large school.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Forged

UTSA

In a few years I plan on going to UT Austin for law school.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Networks

Quote from: Forged on March 07, 2006, 11:10 PM
UTSA

In a few years I plan on going to UT Austin for law school.

Oh really? I got accepted to UT but I don't really like Texas schools, I feel like I can do better or something to that affect.

Forged

Networks

Quote from: Forged on March 09, 2006, 09:27 AM
I don't really want to move.

You'll be living on your own one day but if you're still reluctant I'd suggest going to a place where you know people providing the out-of-state school you want to go to is something you actually desire.

Also, I am now 90%-95% sure I am going to gtech. =)

quasi-modo

I hate atlanta :(

If you ride a bike... be sure to jain it up in every which way. When I visited them I just remember seeing wheels chained to bike racks because the idiots didnt chain their frame any and they had the quick release. Also always lock your doors. That campus has a very high crime rate.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

K

Quote from: quasi-modo on March 09, 2006, 09:37 PM

If you ride a bike... be sure to jain it up in every which way. When I visited them I just remember seeing wheels chained to bike racks because the idiots didnt chain their frame any and they had the quick release. Also always lock your doors. That campus has a very high crime rate.

What do you expect? Georgia Tech is in the middle of downtown Atlanta.  It's by far the most urban campus I've ever seen.

Forged

Quote from: Networks on March 09, 2006, 08:34 PM
Quote from: Forged on March 09, 2006, 09:27 AM
I don't really want to move.

You'll be living on your own one day but if you're still reluctant I'd suggest going to a place where you know people providing the out-of-state school you want to go to is something you actually desire.

Also, I am now 90%-95% sure I am going to gtech. =)

I meant move out of state.  I don't live with my parents anymore...

My long time girlfriend and all my friends are here, why would I want to move when there is an extremlly good school close to me.

quasi-modo

Quote from: K on March 10, 2006, 01:20 AM

What do you expect? Georgia Tech is in the middle of downtown Atlanta.  It's by far the most urban campus I've ever seen.
A giant dome over the campus keeping it self contained... isolated from all of the bad elements of a campus in the middle of a metropolis but all the while still having the benefits of that location relative to the head quarters of many fortune five hundred companies.
WAR EAGLE!

Networks

That bike theft stuff occured everywhere at the University of Arizona, it's not surprising to me at all, I am sure it happens in other places. Gtech is very urban I must say but I doubt anyone is going to shank me and steal my money, you're just pussy get over it.

quasi-modo

Quote from: Networks on March 10, 2006, 08:31 PM

That bike theft stuff occured everywhere at the University of Arizona, it's not surprising to me at all, I am sure it happens in other places. Gtech is very urban I must say but I doubt anyone is going to shank me and steal my money, you're just pussy get over it.
Fuck getting mugged, how about someone breaks into your on campus or convenient to campus apartment while your gone for the weekend? That's always fun.
WAR EAGLE!

|