Main Menu

ACLU

Started by Arta, February 21, 2006, 10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 22, 2006, 07:34 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 22, 2006, 07:31 PM
Is Hooters a publically traded company?
I've not once in my life seen a male waiter there.  Is that a type of discrimination?

It could simply say that no waiters have ever tried to work there.  Hooters has a stigma.
hmm, good point.

I'll see about applying tomorrow, what should I put under "Measurements"?  (I know they ask, I had a friend that picked up an application)
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

MyndFyre

QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 22, 2006, 07:43 PM
9"x6".
Bust, waist, or ... I think there is a 3rd, maybe not though.

EDIT:
QuoteThere is no set requirement in order to be a nearly World Famous Hooters Girl!
HAHAHA!  No set requirements, I'm gonna apply to be a Hooters Girl!!! WHOO!

QuoteHooters Girl (females only need apply for position of Hooters Girl),
But that little bit sort of sounds like a requirement
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 22, 2006, 07:45 PM
9"x6".

Don't you have a dick, numbnuts?  Length x girth.  I assume you're a guy.  Those would be the relevant measurements.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre[vL] on February 22, 2006, 08:09 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 22, 2006, 07:45 PM
9"x6".

Don't you have a dick, numbnuts?  Length x girth.  I assume you're a guy.  Those would be the relevant measurements.
I know, but their form specifically asks for "feminine" measurements.
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

I've not once in my life seen a male waiter there. Is that a type of discrimination?

No. Some guy tried to work there and sued (well the EEOC sued) Hooters. They argued that a male waiter wouldn't fit with the image their customers are looking for or something like that.

http://www.mises.org/freemarket_detail.asp?control=101

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 23, 2006, 04:59 AM
I've not once in my life seen a male waiter there. Is that a type of discrimination?

No. Some guy tried to work there and sued (well the EEOC sued) Hooters. They argued that a male waiter wouldn't fit with the image their customers are looking for or something like that.

http://www.mises.org/freemarket_detail.asp?control=101
hum, I thought so.
I believe it is totally ok for someone to be fired because they're pregnant, or smoke, or gay then.  It isn't terrible nice, but its that company's choice to put out whatever view they want.
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 23, 2006, 09:09 AM
hum, I thought so.
I believe it is totally ok for someone to be fired because they're pregnant
No, FMLA protects pregnant and recent parents up to 4 weeks following delivery...
, or smoke,
Possibly, but I can't imagine why companies even offer smoke breaks if this is the case.
or gay then.
That would never fly in today's society.
  It isn't terrible nice, but its that company's choice to put out whatever view they want.
Companies that are publically traded need to be particularly careful.  Obviously Hooters isn't simply selling burgers and beer.

CrAz3D

There should be one full standard for everyone.
Why is it that only females can work as waitresses there but I couldn't run a large business & only hire homosexual secretaries?

Discrimination:
The only thing I see the constitutional amendments about discrimination has to do with voting.
I also read that discrimination laws are just laws, not constitutional amendments.

Wonder how you could get around a discrimination law by saying they are unconstitutional.  "Right to happiness" maybe?  You may not be happy with gay people working in your company so you fire them.  Although, then that leaves ALOT of stuff open for unhappiness lawsuits.

Federal Anti-Discrimination Laws
QuoteTitle VII prohibits employers from discriminating against applicants and employees on the basis of race or color, religion, sex, pregnancy, childbirth and national origin (including membership in a Native American tribe). It also prohibits employers from retaliating against an applicant or employee who asserts his or her rights under the law. For example, an employer cannot fire someone for complaining about race discrimination. To learn more about retaliation, seeAvoiding Retaliation Complaints by Employees.
(ré-bun-dance)

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 23, 2006, 04:43 PM
There should be one full standard for everyone.
Why is it that only females can work as waitresses there but I couldn't run a large business & only hire homosexual secretaries?

Discrimination:
The only thing I see the constitutional amendments about discrimination has to do with voting.
I also read that discrimination laws are just laws, not constitutional amendments.

Wonder how you could get around a discrimination law by saying they are unconstitutional.  "Right to happiness" maybe?  You may not be happy with gay people working in your company so you fire them.  Although, then that leaves ALOT of stuff open for unhappiness lawsuits.
There is no constitutional provision guaranteeing happiness.  The closest you get is the Declaration of Independence, which is not law, and which only demans the right to pursue happiness.  There is no constitutional provision regarding discrimination as you said; however, civil rights supreme court cases have been made that people are people, and the constitution is blind to their race/ethnicity/sexuality/gender/pregnancy.  Note that this doesn't always apply to marriage, because marriage is defined by law as between a man and woman.

And you can run a business and only hire homosexual secretaries.  You couldn't do so in a publically-traded corporation, unless your corporation's product was outsourced homosexual secretaries (e.g., you were a temp agency that provided homosexual secretaries as a product), or it was another otherwise-necessary component of your business.

You also couldn't force your homosexual secretaries to do each other.

CrAz3D

So the Hooters girls are apart of their product?
How degrading.
(ré-bun-dance)