• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

What do you do with kids who can't be fixed?

Started by CrAz3D, February 20, 2006, 04:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on February 21, 2006, 09:35 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 21, 2006, 09:16 AM
Isn't it possible that the kid just needs something to rely on?  The military could provide that.  A reliable structured environment couldallow the kid to become too occupied to kill people...

The military does not exist to rehabilitate the criminally insane.  It's purpose is to prepare for war, and if ordered to, execute the war plans.
The military does not exist to do that, of course, however, things can have multiple purposes can they not?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

DarkMinion

Certainly, but it is most definately NOT a purpose of our military to rehab the criminally insane, as Grok said.

CrAz3D

Quote from: DarkMinion on February 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
Certainly, but it is most definately NOT a purpose of our military to rehab the criminally insane, as Grok said.
But couldn't it have the same effect?
If you give the kid a motivation and a purpose in life might he turn around?  If he just sits in a prison being rehabilitated wouldn't he just sit there, get out, commit a crime & go back?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 21, 2006, 04:10 PM
Quote from: DarkMinion on February 21, 2006, 03:53 PM
But couldn't it have the same effect?
If you give the kid a motivation and a purpose in life might he turn around?  If he just sits in a prison being rehabilitated wouldn't he just sit there, get out, commit a crime & go back?
Why would you give someone who killed his own family an assault rifle?

I'll tell you what Crazed.  We'll run you through BT and get you enough combat experience to be a BT trainer.  Then we'll give you a squad of the criminally insane people and let you rehab them.  Sound like a plan?
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

I don't know about an entire squad of nuts, but I'm just saying, if he just needs stability & structure in life why couldn't the military provide that?

Or maybe  a bootcamp styled psych ward that gives people something to depend on.
(ré-bun-dance)

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 21, 2006, 09:16 PM
I don't know about an entire squad of nuts, but I'm just saying, if he just needs stability & structure in life why couldn't the military provide that?

Or maybe  a bootcamp styled psych ward that gives people something to depend on.

Jail can provide stability and structure, and not put innocent people at risk of him injuring them.  Win/win.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on February 22, 2006, 12:03 AM
Quote from: CrAz3D on February 21, 2006, 09:16 PM

Jail can provide stability and structure, and not put innocent people at risk of him injuring them.  Win/win.
But does jail offer purpose?  Does it offer the sense that a person is doing good?
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

As stated in other topics, jail could serve as a place where ideas are spread.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on February 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
what sorts of ideas?
(ré-bun-dance)

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 22, 2006, 07:53 AM
Quote from: Explicit[nK] on February 22, 2006, 12:59 AM
what sorts of ideas?

Ideas of deviant nature.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.