• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

MySpace traffic > Google traffic by 2.5 times!

Started by CrAz3D, February 13, 2006, 05:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

I can't point you to any sources since I'm not allowed to post news articles, but I can say that is quite surprising.
QuoteBut just a half-year after MySpace launched, it surpassed Friendster in monthly visitors and now ranks 13th among all sites, according to Nielsen/NetRatings. ComScore Media Metrix places it fourth by total page views, two notches above Google.

Is traffic by hit or by a amount of bandwidth used?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

disco

Eww, a mention of myspace, I feel dirty just reading it!
Say it with me:

CrAz3D

mmm, MySpace, yum, its where I stalk hismajesty/trust
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Rule

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 13, 2006, 05:20 PM
I can't point you to any sources since I'm not allowed to post news articles, but I can say that is quite surprising.

It seems like in every second post you bring up how "you're not allowed to post news articles."  Instead of being so bitter, you should have interpeted the message as a request to show some restraint, not "you post another news article, and you get banned." For the last few months when I've checked general computing or politics, about 90% of the new threads have seemed to be trivial news articles you've posted (without any intelligent accompanying comments).  People wanted this to stop. 

For crying out loud, try and use good sense and stop whining.

CrAz3D

#1) I'm not whining
#2) How can this be interpretted any differently?
Quote from: GrokStop posting news articles to our forums.
Maybe that REALLY means, "only post when you REALLy need to"?
#3) The topic isn't about me & my posting, its about MySpace vs. Google traffic

On Topic:
Its so sad that MySpace traffic is so much bigger.  I wonder what it is in relation to news sites & such.
(ré-bun-dance)

Rule

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 13, 2006, 05:57 PM
#1) I'm not whining
#2) How can this be interpretted any differently?
Quote from: GrokStop posting news articles to our forums.
Maybe that REALLY means, "only post when you REALLy need to"?
#3) The topic isn't about me & my posting, its about MySpace vs. Google traffic

Thanks for reminding me what the topic is about, and not listening to what I said.  I'll repeat myself: "use good sense and stop whining."  I don't want it to go from Crazed posting too many silly news articles to Crazed posting too much about how he can't post news articles.  If you understand what bothered people about your posts, then take responsibility and fix that.  I guarantee Grok, and most others, won't mind if you post an occasional news article and make an intelligent contribution to the thread. 

Oh by the way, this thread counts as a news item.  Just because you don't post a link, (but even quote something), doesn't make it "not news".

CrAz3D

I've kept restraint in posting news, I figured this would be interesting as its computer related.

Also, just to point out Grok said news articles, specifically, I refrained from posting an article.
(ré-bun-dance)

Newby

Seeing as how those are updated on-the-fly, I have yet to see proof that MySpace has more traffic than Google.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Newby

Probably hits. "Daily Reach" meaning hits.

However, that's still a ton of bandwidth Google has to put up with. Far, FAR more than MySpace could ever dish out, seeing as how MySpace (from what I hear) is always breaking randomly...

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=www.myspace.com

Rank #12.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/?url=www.google.com

Rank #3.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

CrAz3D

Quote from: Newby on February 13, 2006, 07:04 PM
Probably hits. "Daily Reach" meaning hits.

However, that's still a ton of bandwidth Google has to put up with. Far, FAR more than MySpace could ever dish out, seeing as how MySpace (from what I hear) is always breaking randomly...
That would be my thinkin on the MySpace vs. Google scenario too.
I don't know, maybe I'll go see if I can't find that article again.
(ré-bun-dance)

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Newby

I think it's pathetic they'd compare their traffic to Google. Are they fucking stupid?
- Newby

Networks

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 13, 2006, 08:02 PM
How is that ironic in the least bit?

There's a claim that MySpace gets more traffic despite the fact I used google to find an article pretaining to it?