• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Afghans Protest Against Prophet Cartoons (Part 2)

Started by PaiD, February 07, 2006, 09:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaiD

Titled: Iranian Paper Plans Holocaust Cartoons
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/iran_cartoons

Orignal
Titled: Afghans Protest Against Prophet Cartoons
Link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060207/ap_on_re_as/prophet_drawings_97

Hm. Good reading. Do you think the West will do anything?

CrAz3D

I was just about to post that in the other thread.  *high five*

I think Iran will put out cartoons and we might criticize them at most...I can't see anyone rioting over them.

HMM:
http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/7200/peel6cy.jpg

I expect theirs to be much more offensive though
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Networks

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 07, 2006, 09:23 AM

I think Iran will put out cartoons and we might criticize them at most...I can't see anyone rioting over them.

HMM:

It's wrong to do this but I suppose their making their point to people who don't understand why they are angry and think they should just get over it.

People like you CrAz3D. Much more offense? You're stupid.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Networks on February 07, 2006, 03:57 PM

HMM:

It's wrong to do this but I suppose their making their point to people who don't understand why they are angry and think they should just get over it.

They're TRYING to make a point, but it will back fire as no western nation's peoples will riot & burn down Iran for sponsoring a "caraciture of the Holocaust" contest.

I can understand their anger...I'm angry that Kanye West compares himself to Jesus, I don't burn down The Rolling Stone for publishing it nor did I kill Kanye.

& yes, I believe that their Holocaust cartoons/depictions will be more offensive than mine is (which is still WAY bad).
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Networks

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 07, 2006, 04:25 PM
Quote from: Networks on February 07, 2006, 03:57 PM

HMM:

They're TRYING to make a point, but it will back fire as no western nation's peoples will riot & burn down Iran for sponsoring a "caraciture of the Holocaust" contest.

I can understand their anger...I'm angry that Kanye West compares himself to Jesus, I don't burn down The Rolling Stone for publishing it nor did I kill Kanye.

& yes, I believe that their Holocaust cartoons/depictions will be more offensive than mine is (which is still WAY bad).

Well you'll see what happens when they produce it. Of course you think it's worse since you're not muslim at all, you wouldn't understand how a picture of muhammed with a bomb on his head is demeaning. You need to step into people's shoes. I am not defending anyone, I am just speaking objectively.

CrAz3D

I'm speaking objectively too, they are wrong for burning stuff down.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/02/07/church.fires.ap/index.html
Look, Americans are burning down churches, you don't see us up in arms burning down more crap do you?...no.  The police are looking for the suspects etc.

Muslim people (not all) are going nuts with deaths resulting.
(ré-bun-dance)

Networks

Quote from: Topaz on February 07, 2006, 05:36 PM
Quote from: Networks on February 07, 2006, 04:29 PM
Well you'll see what happens when they produce it. Of course you think it's worse since you're not muslim at all, you wouldn't understand how a picture of muhammed with a bomb on his head is demeaning. You need to step into people's shoes. I am not defending anyone, I am just speaking objectively.

Shut up, raghead. We're not stupid.

I am not muslim you ignorant piece of racist shit. And yes you are stupid just by that statement.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Networks on February 07, 2006, 06:03 PM

I am not muslim you ignorant piece of racist shit
Ah, and by that whom are you to tell me not to judge them because I don't know how they feel over a CARTOON
(ré-bun-dance)

Banana fanna fo fanna

I am not muslim you ignorant piece of racist shit. And yes you are stupid just by that statement.

Liberals. They just can't tell when something is just dripping with sarcasm and satire.

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

CrAz3D

(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: Topaz on February 07, 2006, 08:32 PM
How would you know how muslims happen to feel, if you aren't muslim yourself?

Hm, I don't know.  Do you think the rioting and firebombing might be a clue?  Or is that too obvious?

I think the idea of having a holocaust picture contest is the best idea I've heard.  Many people don't understand why the cartoons angered them so much.  I mean, the cartoons went against their entire belief system and condemned their entire religious as being terrorists, I don't blame them for being angry.  Although having a holocaust-picture contest isn't nearly as bad as condemning an entire race as terrorists, at least it will give people some appreciation of how it feels. 

I don't, in general, agree with revenge, but I like the idea of them showing the rest of the world, who are too ignorant to understand, how they feel about this. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on February 08, 2006, 10:35 AM
Quote from: Topaz on February 07, 2006, 08:32 PM
How would you know how muslims happen to feel, if you aren't muslim yourself?

Hm, I don't know.  Do you think the rioting and firebombing might be a clue?  Or is that too obvious?
Networks is saying we need to step back and look at it from their point of view, I believe, saying we should sympathize somewhat with them because their religion is being defamed.
He also says we shouldn't judge them because we are not them.
Topaz (& myself somewhat) is thinking who is Networks to judge us judging them when he (networks) is not either.

Quote from: iago on February 08, 2006, 10:35 AM
I think the idea of having a holocaust picture contest is the best idea I've heard.  Many people don't understand why the cartoons angered them so much.  I mean, the cartoons went against their entire belief system and condemned their entire religious as being terrorists, I don't blame them for being angry.  Although having a holocaust-picture contest isn't nearly as bad as condemning an entire race as terrorists, at least it will give people some appreciation of how it feels. 

I don't, in general, agree with revenge, but I like the idea of them showing the rest of the world, who are too ignorant to understand, how they feel about this. 
I think the Holocaust picture thing is a good idea, from OUR(western world) point of view.  No sane westerner will go into Iran & blow crap up over it...they'll just brush it off as Iran being a bunch of assholes (they are becoming that moreso each day, other reasons included).
The cartoons probably won't even get much of a rise at all from people, including Jewish people.

What race has been deemed terrorists?
Islam?...thats a religion.  And they aren't all terrorists, just the extremeists.
The ones being discussed here are just overly upset Muslim followers around the world that, in their rage, have gone over the edge.
(ré-bun-dance)

CrAz3D

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/02/08/cartoon.protests/index.html

God damn it Muslim people, now its America's fault for these stupid cartoons.  Next thing ya know all the lefties will be claiming Bush.
What goes next people, APPLE FREAKIN PIE!?

EDIT:
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/sarticle.php?id=12146
Those are the cartoons that were published.
(ré-bun-dance)