• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Man sues Apple over hearing loss

Started by CrAz3D, February 01, 2006, 11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/ap_on_re_us/apple_ipod_lawsuit;_ylt=AtTh9MIrrINMuzIxioHUSkcDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

The first thing I plan to do after being elected to the Senate is getting stupid people banned/burned at the stake.

WTF dude, if it is too loud just turn it down.  I believe his wound is self inflicted as he had control over it.  You don't see people cutting their hand off suing the knife maker (I haven't seen it anyway).

What are your views on his lawsuit?...justified or not?
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

MyndFyre

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 01, 2006, 11:25 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/ap_on_re_us/apple_ipod_lawsuit;_ylt=AtTh9MIrrINMuzIxioHUSkcDW7oF;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

The first thing I plan to do after being elected to the Senate is getting stupid people banned/burned at the stake.

WTF dude, if it is too loud just turn it down.  I believe his wound is self inflicted as he had control over it.  You don't see people cutting their hand off suing the knife maker (I haven't seen it anyway).

Dude, you should totally join my political party.  Our main platform is having stupid drivers deported to France.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 01, 2006, 11:47 PM

Dude, you should totally join my political party.  Our main platform is having stupid drivers deported to France.
WHERE do I sign!?
Good thing I have a g/f that can drive, I wouldn't want to lose her with most of all other females leaving.
I couldn't work @ the DMV, I would have moral conflictions with handing a license to a woman.

ANYWAYS, this guy have a case at all?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Eric

If you post any more stupid crap, I'm going to cut your hand off.  Perhaps then you can be the one suing the knife maker.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Lord[nK] on February 01, 2006, 11:54 PM

Yeah its stupid, suing someone because you had your mp3player up to loud. 
I'm just asking for opinions if the guy has a case or not.  Does Apple REALLY have any responsibility to warn people that playing their music too loud may damage their hearing?

If you post any more stupid crap, I'm going to cut your hand off.  Perhaps then you can be the one suing the knife maker.
(ré-bun-dance)

Grok

While this is obviously a money-grab lawsuit, Apple is somewhat at fault here, too.  Despite having already been forced to modify the iPods in France to limit the output to 100dB, they apparently did not even put a warning label or insert with the iPods sold elsewhere.  This suit sounds like it wants Apple to do that, and I don't see the harm with forcing Apple to warn idiots that its device is capable of producting ear-damaging levels of sound.  Remember that idiots are not smart, and they may think that although the sound levels are painful(?), they will not damage their hearing.  Surely Apple would not sell them something that can permanently damage their hearing, right?  I'm not saying idiots should be compensated for being stupid, but come on, Apple can include a warning saying "settings over (14 or whatever) can cause permanent hearing loss if used more than 28 seconds per day."

quasi-modo

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 01, 2006, 11:51 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on February 01, 2006, 11:47 PM

WHERE do I sign!?
Good thing I have a g/f that can drive, I wouldn't want to lose her with most of all other females leaving.
I couldn't work @ the DMV, I would have moral conflictions with handing a license to a woman.

ANYWAYS, this guy have a case at all?
I'm in the same boat, my gf driving doesn't scare me at all. However one of her best friends almost killed all of us and doesn't belong on the road.

Ill join your party!

This isn't the most out ragious thing I've heard, I mean people have sued mcdonals for getting fat.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle