• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

IE7 Beta

Started by Invert, February 01, 2006, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

If you are a student at any university with a comp sci / soft e / comp e / ee program you can get a legit copy of xp pro for free.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

quasi-modo

Quote from: Warrior on February 01, 2006, 04:57 PM
Looks pretty good so far. I think the XP version should be toned down to use actual XP widgets since the two buttons in the top left corner look pretty scratchy because of the missing Vista interface.

No complaints so far, they said to have fixed a bunch of CSS errors but I know there are still a bunch to go. I think it's a positive step up from IE6.
The box model is still shit. They support a ton of proprietary stuff but they will not introduce a w3c compliant box model.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Warrior

What is a box model?
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Warrior on February 01, 2006, 06:20 PM
What is a box model?
It's the Document Object Model of HTML 4 and newer, how items in HTML are rendered.

Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 05:40 PM
Are you suggesting that I illegally downloaded the software? Or illegaly used it?
Illegally used it.

Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 05:40 PM
The key would not work on more than one computer. I don't think that should be so. So I had to bypass the XP activation software. Paying $200 for an OS on two computers is plenty.
"I don't think that should be so."

Tough.  That's the way it is.  That's like in the Red vs Blue New York Film Festival episode, when Grif says, "It's not illegal, because I don't want it to be illegal!  That's the way it works!"
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Kp

Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 05:40 PMI'd use Linux, but for certain reasons I decided to use Windows. The key would not work on more than one computer. I don't think that should be so. So I had to bypass the XP activation software. Paying $200 for an OS on two computers is plenty.

I don't disagree that Windows XP costs quite a bit for what it gives you: another NT kernel, eye candy, buggy IPv6 support (I've seen userland programs cause XP to bluescreen when they try to use IPv6...), and (with the advent of SP2) a packet filtering firewall that's still vastly inferior to Netfilter.  That said, disliking the price is not a reason for disregarding the license / using more copies than you have purchased.  If you can't afford the extra licenses, then don't run Windows XP on the extra systems!

You also didn't explain why you didn't put Windows 2000 on the 2.4Ghz machine.  I run a Windows 2000 machine on a processor of about that speed, and have no problem with it (aside from the problems inherent in a Microsoft Windows machine, of course).
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Yegg

Quote from: Kp on February 01, 2006, 06:59 PM
You also didn't explain why you didn't put Windows 2000 on the 2.4Ghz machine.  I run a Windows 2000 machine on a processor of about that speed, and have no problem with it (aside from the problems inherent in a Microsoft Windows machine, of course).

My 2000 disc was only an upgrade, an it would not allow me to install without a Windows OS already installed.

topaz

Quote from: Savior on February 01, 2006, 04:49 PM
:'( Doesnt run on x64 Windows XP

Isn't Vista packaged with IE7? IE7 has been out for a while now, at least in the circles I run in.
RLY...?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Topaz on February 01, 2006, 07:16 PM
Quote from: Savior on February 01, 2006, 04:49 PM
:'( Doesnt run on x64 Windows XP

Isn't Vista packaged with IE7? IE7 has been out for a while now, at least in the circles I run in.

Well, Mr. Elite, Vista hasn't exactly been packaged either.  But yes, it will ship with IE7 when it is released.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Invert

There should not be an argument about what browser is better. All browsers have something good and something bad about them.

Having browser "wars" is a great thing for the end user, it promotes browser technology advancement.

Networks

Quote from: Invert on February 02, 2006, 02:26 AM
There should not be an argument about what browser is better. All browsers have something good and something bad about them.

Having browser "wars" is a great thing for the end user, it promotes browser technology advancement.

I agree, IE7 lacks numerous things I take for granted in FireFox.

CrAz3D

I quit, I won't use it anymore.

Everytime a window finishes load (& it isn't on top) IE makes that window go to the top, I'm sick of being interrupted while in the middle of post-whoring on this & other forums!
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

The "Restore Last Tab Group" feature is quite nice though.  Rather than having to start up a tab for each individual site that I would typically check, I can leave them all tabbed, close the process, open it later and just right-click and restore them.

Convenient, IMO!
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.