IE7 Beta

Started by Invert, February 01, 2006, 12:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

FrOzeN

Yay for 1.2Mb/sec download speed. :D
~ FrOzeN

Yegg

Of course I cannot install because I have an illegal copy of XP. Due to the MS rule that you must use one serial per computer.

FrOzeN

Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 03:01 PM
Of course I cannot install because I have an illegal copy of XP. Due to the MS rule that you must use one serial per computer.
I just got that same error too. :(
~ FrOzeN

Warrior

Just saw a video explaining it's new features on channel9.msdn.com, it's looking pretty good. Shows that they're trying to make a good browser and have even collaborated with Mozilla to use thier RSS icon because "it's orange".
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

MyndFyre

Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 03:01 PM

Good.

Thanks for your contribution to higher software prices for those of us who don't like to break the law and steal.

In other news: IE 7 is a prettied-up version of IE 6 with tabs that are slightly less annoying than my experience with FireFox's (I like the X for closing on the tab itself).  I am disappointed that File->Close does not close the window if there is only one tab.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

Yegg

Quote from: MyndFyre on February 01, 2006, 03:39 PM
Thanks for your contribution to higher software prices for those of us who don't like to break the law and steal.

Break and law and steal? Well god damn, us regular home people cannot afford to buy multiple, $200 Windows XP Home discs every time we need to install it on a new computer. It's just how MS is sucking our money away. It seems like they don't care about people unless it is for a small business or some other organization.

CrAz3D

Don't want to pay for Windows?...
Use linux.

IE7!? OMG ROX0R!

I *MAY* download it later, I'm quite content w/my FireFox for now.
Hmm, sure looks alot like most other browsers, way to catch up MS!  Too bad they didn't just make their own new interface design
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 04:01 PM

Break and law and steal? Well god damn, us regular home people cannot afford to buy multiple, $200 Windows XP Home discs every time we need to install it on a new computer. It's just how MS is sucking our money away. It seems like they don't care about people unless it is for a small business or some other organization.

Maybe the prices wouldn't be so high if people like you didn't pirate the software, thus making it harder for Microsoft to offset the cost of production (which, you know, costs millions of dollars.)

PaiD

:'( Doesnt run on x64 Windows XP

CrAz3D

hmm, pretty decent so far.

Also, I lied.  I downloaded it cause iw as bored
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Warrior

Looks pretty good so far. I think the XP version should be toned down to use actual XP widgets since the two buttons in the top left corner look pretty scratchy because of the missing Vista interface.

No complaints so far, they said to have fixed a bunch of CSS errors but I know there are still a bunch to go. I think it's a positive step up from IE6.
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Warrior

Networks

Quote from: CrAz3D on February 01, 2006, 04:07 PM
Don't want to pay for Windows?...
Use linux.

IE7!? OMG ROX0R!

I *MAY* download it later, I'm quite content w/my FireFox for now.
Hmm, sure looks alot like most other browsers, way to catch up MS!  Too bad they didn't just make their own new interface design

And create a browser people aren't used to!? Yeah..like that's appealing.

Edit:
I don't know if it's possible but things look much smoother.

Yegg

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on February 01, 2006, 04:09 PM
Quote from: Yegg on February 01, 2006, 04:01 PM

Maybe the prices wouldn't be so high if people like you didn't pirate the software, thus making it harder for Microsoft to offset the cost of production (which, you know, costs millions of dollars.)

Are you suggesting that I illegally downloaded the software? Or illegaly used it? I went to BesBuy and purchased Windows XP Home, the full install edition for $200. This was done for my sisters new computer. We have a Windows98 install disc with a Windows 2000 Professional upgrade, we'd normally go by means of this however the processor was 2.4ghz, and a Windows98 does not support an installation on a processor with 2.1ghz or higher. So we turned to the very expensive XP Home disc. I soon ater needed to install Windows on this computer (has 3ghz processor). I'd use Linux, but for certain reasons I decided to use Windows. The key would not work on more than one computer. I don't think that should be so. So I had to bypass the XP activation software. Paying $200 for an OS on two computers is plenty.