• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Sheehan for Senate

Started by Invert, January 31, 2006, 03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invert

The liberal and self proclaimed peace activist Cindy Sheehan  is considering running for Senate.

Being a former member of the U.S. Army I find her to be extremely disrespectful to the memory of her fallen son. Her son went into the military just like the rest of the soldiers that go into the military knowing perfectly well that there is a chance that they can die. He served his country proudly knowing that fact.

Cindy Sheehan is using her son's death for political gain.

No one takes Sheehan seriously and all she is doing is embarrassing herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183108,00.html

Another perfect example of liberalism being a mental and moral handicap.

DarkMinion

This is such a colossal joke...unreal

I mean get real...she has absolutely no background/education in politics and this is just a publicity stunt.  What a dumb bitch.

Falcon[anti-yL]

She should just go kill herself.

dxoigmn

Quote from: DarkMinion on January 31, 2006, 04:18 PM

I mean get real...she has absolutely no background/education in politics and this is just a publicity stunt.  What a dumb bitch.

Since when do you need to have a background/education in poltics to be a senator?

Invert

Quote from: dxoigmn on January 31, 2006, 04:24 PM
Quote from: DarkMinion on January 31, 2006, 04:18 PM

Since when do you need to have a background/education in poltics to be a senator?

You don't. DM never said you have to have background/education in politics to be one, he just stated that she does not.

CrAz3D

Wasn't this posted before?...& then moved to the trash?
I know I replied, maybe it was a dream, hmm
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Mephisto

I agree that she has no right to be in the Senate for who she is (qualifications, accomplishments, etc.).  But that doesn't mean you need to be dissing on her and name bashing her because she has an opinion you don't agree with.  I think it's okay that you dispute her position, but do it in a civil manner instead of agressively attacking her idealogy with name calling and dissing the liberal ideology.

If you just posted this to bash the liberal philosophy (again) then please have it removed.  There's no more need for these bashing articles which produce no worthwhile debate and discussion.  There are plenty of idiotic buffoons in politics right now from both sides, not just the left, so please keep that in mind when you bring trashy topics like these up!

CrAz3D

I will agree w/that, we should be attacking the Lefists mentallity she promotes.
Liberalism is ok sometimes, I think...but not leftism.

Sheehan is the essence of a mentally disturbed leftist person.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

DarkMinion

This thread exists because it's a colossal joke that she's running for senate when she has no experience, background, or education dealing with politics.  This thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)

CrAz3D

Quote from: DarkMinion on January 31, 2006, 05:15 PMThis thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)
I'm gonna have to disagree with that.
I believe there are plenty of lame brained liberals who see leftism as cool.

Leftism is like a clothing brand, if you will.  The current fad is to be against Bush for any and all reasons (even if said reason was caused BY A FREAKIN HURRICANE).
(ré-bun-dance)

Mephisto

Quote from: DarkMinion on January 31, 2006, 05:15 PM
This thread exists because it's a colossal joke that she's running for senate when she has no experience, background, or education dealing with politics.  This thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)

So why is it in this category?  It'd be better in the funny forum from your description of it.  I thought this forum was for mature and meaningful poltiical debate?  Not name/philisophy bashing arguments from biased people.

Invert

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 31, 2006, 05:25 PM
Quote from: DarkMinion on January 31, 2006, 05:15 PMThis thread exists because this is nothing more than a wild publicity stunt by the American left to gain popularity (which they are in dire need of)
I'm gonna have to disagree with that.
I believe there are plenty of lame brained liberals who see leftism as cool.

Leftism is like a clothing brand, if you will.  The current fad is to be against Bush for any and all reasons (even if said reason was caused BY A FREAKIN HURRICANE).

About the hurricane and the talk about the federal government not doing anything:

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/01/31/D8FFSI7O2.html

DarkMinion

QuoteSo why is it in this category?  It'd be better in the funny forum from your description of it.  I thought this forum was for mature and meaningful poltiical debate?  Not name/philisophy bashing arguments from biased people.

This topic is political.  I presented perfectly acceptable reasons as to why Sheehan running for office is a joke.  Of course, you won't refute those because you can't.

And believe me, most of the stuff that Grok & Co. have posted has been very immature.  All they have done is slung mud on the Bush administration, flinging hateful insults and the like, yet those threads endure without protest...hmmm...

Mephisto

Quote from: DarkMinion on January 31, 2006, 06:25 PM
QuoteSo why is it in this category?  It'd be better in the funny forum from your description of it.  I thought this forum was for mature and meaningful poltiical debate?  Not name/philisophy bashing arguments from biased people.

This topic is political.  I presented perfectly acceptable reasons as to why Sheehan running for office is a joke.  Of course, you won't refute those because you can't.

And believe me, most of the stuff that Grok & Co. have posted has been very immature.  All they have done is slung mud on the Bush administration, flinging hateful insults and the like, yet those threads endure without protest...hmmm...

Actually, there are quite a few protests (see posts from Invert, Crazed, HisMajesty, etc.).  And I was pointing out the blatant insults against Sheehan similar to what you describe against Bush in previous topics.  And if you took a moment to read my posts without assuming them as liberal garbage you would see that I agreed with you in the point worth discussing about, and made yet another mention of the unncessary use of language.

DarkMinion

Agreed, this isn't the place for blatant insults (even if the person in question may deserve them).  And I assumed no such thing about you, I was simply explaining why this topic belongs here.