• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Online game warns gay-lesbian guild

Started by PaiD, January 31, 2006, 07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaiD

QuoteLongtime virtual gamer Sara Andrews didn't know she would cause much of a ruckus when she began recruiting new members of her "World of Warcraft" virtual gaming guild, which mostly caters to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender players.

Click here for more info

Grok

Stealth

Quote from: Grok on January 31, 2006, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a non-issue.

I agree. World of Warcraft is privately-owned and operated. Blizzard makes the rules, and they're under no obligation to do things anyone else's way.

If you disagree, cancel your subscription. Vote with your dollars.
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot

MyndFyre

Quote from: Stealth on January 31, 2006, 12:39 PM
Quote from: Grok on January 31, 2006, 08:38 AM
Sounds like a non-issue.

I agree. World of Warcraft is privately-owned and operated. Blizzard makes the rules, and they're under no obligation to do things anyone else's way.

If you disagree, cancel your subscription. Vote with your dollars.

That's questionable.  Vivendi Universal is most likely a publically-traded corporation.  They cannot make rules that discriminate, because the government establishes rules to protect shareholders.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

quasi-modo

but them discriminating is questionable. It is not like they are keeping the clan existing... just keeping them from abnoxiously advertising. I kinda agree with them, I think recruiting based on sexual orientation (even though the clan doesn't discriminate) is kind of a touchy thing and I can see why they wouldnt want it advertised on their servers. But... non issue
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

jigsaw

I think gays, lesbians, bi's, and transgendered people should be put into a psycho-ward. Call me close minded, but thats just plain wrong.

CrAz3D

Quote from: jigsaw on January 31, 2006, 04:00 PM
I think gays, lesbians, bi's, and transgendered people should be put into a psycho-ward. Call me close minded, but thats just plain wrong.
+ genetic mutation ;)

I don't see how it is discrimination (or anything) at all.  Just another example of crazies in California.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Networks

You're search a homophobe, get over it.

jigsaw

WHAT!? I don't search homophobes! How dare you! ;)

Newby

Quote from: Networks on January 31, 2006, 04:14 PM

You're search a homophobe, get over it.

I agree with jigsaw, sadly.

By the way, I think you mean "such" :P.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.