• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Spread program on all workstations in Windows network

Started by Banana fanna fo fanna, January 24, 2006, 09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banana fanna fo fanna

Hey guys -

I have a legitimate administrator acct. on my school network. I've written a small nondestructive senior prank program that I'd like pushed to all workstations on the network. Would it be possible to either mass log on all the workstations and then execute a program at the same time, or have a given executable execute on logon?

I have network shares and access to everything; I just need to know where to look.

Explicit

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on January 24, 2006, 09:59 PM
Hey guys -

I have a legitimate administrator acct. on my school network. I've written a small nondestructive senior prank program that I'd like pushed to all workstations on the network. Would it be possible to either mass log on all the workstations and then execute a program at the same time, or have a given executable execute on logon?

I have network shares and access to everything; I just need to know where to look.

You do know the consequences if you were to get caught, right?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on January 24, 2006, 09:59 PM
Hey guys -

Stick to old fashioned senior pranks, they're funnier anyway cause everyone can appreciate them.

Technology pranks can get you SCREWED, maybe you could be a senior 2 or 3 more times.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Grok

Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc), Windows settings, Scripts, Startup.

iago

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Skywing

This is a very bad idea.  I would stick clear of computer pranks in somewhere like a school given the current administration's policies.

Such a thing could have serious negative consequences for you.  iago's point should drive that home, I should hope.

Grok

I'm not suggesting you do anything you are unauthorized to do.

You indicated you have administrative authority and just need to know the technical details of centralized file distribution and execution.  That is the question I was answering, and in no way am encouraging any unauthorized activity.

But iago and Skywing are correct.  You should assume no sense of humor will be afforded your prank from administration.  Get written permission from the principle and secure that document at home before attempting this stunt or prank.  You're a senior, you have everything to lose and only seconds of laughter to gain.

Douglas

Release a thousand cockroaches in the halls. Don't actually commit a crime.

What happend to Cup?

- Stolen from rabbit.

LordNevar

Quote from: Douglas on January 25, 2006, 01:00 PM
Release a thousand cockroaches in the halls. Don't actually commit a crime.

What happend to Cup?

That's priveledged info, and a forum is no place for it.

Also, a derived prank of that kind can face a severe consequence in a Federal standing and like has been warned to you very ill adviced. If taken to a level further than seen, the school is within legal bounds to take action against it. This will most likely serve a nice probation period, you being expelled, and or jail time with a nice heafty fine. Or may contain all of the above statements in a nice fat partying gift on your way out the door.

A good fortune may forbode a bad luck, which may in turn disguise a good fortune.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled, was convincing the world he didn't exsist.

Meh

Cuphead got arrested for computer crimes, and obviousley he thought the forum was ok for it as he posted the warrant from the police.

iago

Quote from: Meh on January 25, 2006, 01:21 PM
Cuphead got arrested for computer crimes, and obviousley he thought the forum was ok for it as he posted the warrant from the police.
He also deleted it. 

But yeah, he got in trouble for messing with school computers, to an extent that he'll probably never recover from it. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Newby

Hahaha. I don't think you could get written permission from the principal, so good luck. :P
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Banana fanna fo fanna

I dunno. I wouldn't have to bypass any security. I do the website and have (slightly limited) administrative privileges, and I know the guys who run the network. They are pretty cool.

All it would do is play a sound file at a certain particular time (and crank the volume). Thoughts?

Newby

Don't do it. Get explicit written permission from the network admins or the principal before you do it.
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Kp

Quote from: Banana fanna fo fanna on January 25, 2006, 06:03 PM
I dunno. I wouldn't have to bypass any security. I do the website and have (slightly limited) administrative privileges, and I know the guys who run the network. They are pretty cool.

All it would do is play a sound file at a certain particular time (and crank the volume). Thoughts?

Unless directed otherwise, don't do anything outside what's required by your job.  Depending on the environment, you may be able to get away with things which have strictly positive effects (e.g. "I just increased website performance by 5% (and didn't need to break anything else to do it)!") without prior authorization.  Something with neutral or negative effects (which is what you're proposing) is a bad idea.

Bear in mind that most computer crime laws are written by people who understand computers about as well as your average battle.net public gamer. :)
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!