• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Canadian Election

Started by iago, January 17, 2006, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hismajesty

iago did you vote?

I'm glad the Conversatives won, apparently they're more conservative than America's right.

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 24, 2006, 12:23 AM
That's just a cop-out.
You could vote for someone you agreed w/on the issues, there has to be SOMEONE out there who is at least close, Canada isn't that non-diverse.
You have to make compromises to get anywhere in life.

I disagree.  But apparently we aren't going to be able to agree on the subject, so whatever. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

WoOdTroll

Liberals are retards iago, a (ex)group of helicopters will say we're leaving to go work for the US, and we'll say no stay *flash money, several millions, and more at them of canadian hard workers money* and a year or so later, they'll be down in the US. They don't know how to run shit all. Not only that, but they steal our money, and no one ever got arrested hmm... Corrupt. Why trust people who don't know how to handle or give money to the right things.

NPD Well I don't know too much about them. Except that they want to help the homeless, I really didn't watch the debates.

Conservatives: This moron should shut up, and stop making false promises aswell. Not only that but learn some french.

Personally I wouldn't go voting for con or lib, but I say ndp should have a shot at running the country, its not like they can do w/e they want...

But then again after what the liberals did, and nothing happened, it opens up ideas. And Quebec said it themselves, if this new government isn't better then the other one they will do the seperation thing again asap. Why stick to a country that likes to get fucked around. Just like the states and their leader.

I hear about a huge hurricane, and I go fishing.

And personally I don't want that, since in 30-60 years tops the place will become more english then french imho.

Grok

WoOdTroll, the only thing you said that gave me pause was the last.  Why does it matter to you whether most people speak English or most speak French?

iago

Quote from: WoOdTroll on January 24, 2006, 11:23 AM
Liberals are retards iago, a (ex)group of helicopters will say we're leaving to go work for the US, and we'll say no stay *flash money, several millions, and more at them of canadian hard workers money* and a year or so later, they'll be down in the US. They don't know how to run shit all. Not only that, but they steal our money, and no one ever got arrested hmm... Corrupt. Why trust people who don't know how to handle or give money to the right things.
I agree that Liberals suck.  But I think that about all politicians, so Liberals aren't much worse.

NPD Well I don't know too much about them. Except that they want to help the homeless, I really didn't watch the debates.
The NDP* don't help the homeless, they give money to the homeless, which keeps them homeless because they don't learn how to get money.  I don't believe in the NDP's philosophy of wasting money on stupid things, especially giving away free money.

Conservatives: This moron should shut up, and stop making false promises aswell. Not only that but learn some french.
I don't care about language, but yeah, they are bad for making false promises.  Of course, so are the rest of the parties.  We'll see if they follow through and lower GST (hah!), since Mulroony completely ruined the PC party 15(?) years ago when he invented GST. 

Personally I wouldn't go voting for con or lib, but I say ndp should have a shot at running the country, its not like they can do w/e they want...
They run my province, and I'm not impressed.

As I said, I hate all 3 parties.  And the only other party in my area is the Christian Republic Party or something like that. 

Something interesting: Alberta is 100% Conservative, and Saskatchewan is 10/12 conservative. 

CrAz3D

French sucks...but I'm glad I'm learning French & not English, english would be WAY hard to learn
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Akamas

Quote from: iago on January 23, 2006, 10:23 PM
At least conservatives only have a minority, they need liberals on their side to do anything.

Actually, no, the Conservatives only require the support of NDP and IND in order to achieve 50%, if the Liberals also achieve 50% with BQ support, the decision will be in the hands of the Speaker, generally he sides with the party in power.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

iago

Quote from: Akamas on January 25, 2006, 07:58 PM
At least conservatives only have a minority, they need liberals on their side to do anything.

Actually, no, the Conservatives only require the support of NDP and IND in order to achieve 50%, if the Liberals also achieve 50% with BQ support, the decision will be in the hands of the Speaker, generally he sides with the party in power.

You're right, I realized that after.  At least Liberal and NDP tend to go the same way.  So the only way to really screw us is to get BQ support. 

Invert

I would like to congratulate the Canadians on their election. Too bad it took 12 years for them to realize that the liberals were only harming Canada and that it was time for a change.

I believe now we will have a better relationship between Canada and the United States, this should help both countries when it comes to boarder protection and the war against terrorism.

Just a note to those that do not know, Canadian conservatives are not like the conservatives in the United States. I would consider Canadian conservatives to be like very moderate conservatives here in the United States.

Rule/iago - You guys still fail to dispute everything your fellow Canadian said about Canada in that audio clip and as for healthcare, let me use this analogy:

You have 2 identical WoW servers, one server has 10,000 people connecting to it the other has only 10 people connecting to it. What server do you think people are going to point their finger at and scream that it's slow?

My point is that in the United States our healthcare system serves much more people than your healthcare system in Canada. You can't say that your healthcare system is better or worse because we can not know unless you have it serve as many patients as our healthcare system. As far as we know, the healthcare system in the United States can and does serve much more people then your healthcare system.

iago

Quote from: Invert on January 25, 2006, 08:24 PM
I would like to congratulate the Canadians on their election. Too bad it took 12 years for them to realize that the liberals were only harming Canada and that it was time for a change.
Canadians were mad at the Conservatives because last time they were in power, Mulrooney promised to lower taxes.  When he was elected, what did he do?  He doubled sales tax by adding 7% GST in addition to the 7% PST we already paied. 

I believe now we will have a better relationship between Canada and the United States, this should help both countries when it comes to boarder protection and the war against terrorism.
I think we were doing fine with our relationship.  If you want us to FOLLOW the US, which is what our Conservatives will do, that's a different story..

Just a note to those that do not know, Canadian conservatives are not like the conservatives in the United States. I would consider Canadian conservatives to be like very moderate conservatives here in the United States.
I agree.

Rule/iago - You guys still fail to dispute everything your fellow Canadian said about Canada in that audio clip and as for healthcare, let me use this analogy:

You have 2 identical WoW servers, one server has 10,000 people connecting to it the other has only 10 people connecting to it. What server do you think people are going to point their finger at and scream that it's slow?

My point is that in the United States our healthcare system serves much more people than your healthcare system in Canada. You can't say that your healthcare system is better or worse because we can not know unless you have it serve as many patients as our healthcare system. As far as we know, the healthcare system in the United States can and does serve much more people then your healthcare system.
It serves a lot more people, and you also have a lot more people to do the serving, and a lot more people to pay the tax if it was public.  I don't see why it wouldn't scale...

Akamas

Quote from: iago on January 25, 2006, 08:02 PM
Quote from: Akamas on January 25, 2006, 07:58 PM

You're right, I realized that after. At least Liberal and NDP tend to go the same way. So the only way to really screw us is to get BQ support.

Actually no, NDP usually stay with the Conservatives.

EDIT

QuoteCanadians were mad at the Conservatives because last time they were in power, Mulrooney promised to lower taxes.  When he was elected, what did he do?  He doubled sales tax by adding 7% GST in addition to the 7% PST we already paied.

Haha, Mulrooney was in office a long time ago and a lot has changed since then. Plus, are you telling me that the Liberals kept all their promises and didn't fuck up?

iago

Quote from: Akamas on January 25, 2006, 08:41 PM

Hmm, I don't know much about politics, so I was going off what somebody told me. 

But it doesn't make sense (to me) for the democratic party to follow conservatives.  But this IS Canada, so who knows?

Akamas

Quote from: iago on January 25, 2006, 08:41 PM
Quote from: Akamas on January 25, 2006, 08:41 PM

Hmm, I don't know much about politics, so I was going off what somebody told me.

But it doesn't make sense (to me) for the democratic party to follow conservatives. But this IS Canada, so who knows?

In this election, they supported the Conservative party because if they didn't they'd look bad for supporting theifs (Liberals).

Although, you're right, a lot of their promises are closer to the Liberals.

|