• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Canadian Election

Started by iago, January 17, 2006, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

Hmm, I must be confused then.
I understand from the article that Quebec had a law preventing people from buying private health insurance to pay for medial services, the Supreme Court overturned it?...

QuoteA recent Canadian court decision has ruled that the Canadian health care system, which outlaws private health insurance, contravened the Quebec Charter of Rights guaranteeing the right to security of the person. In June 2005, the Supreme Court of Canada overturned a Quebec law preventing people from buying private health insurance to pay for medical services available through the publicly funded system. While the ruling applies only to the province of Quebec, it is believed by some that it could fundamentally change the way health care is delivered across the country.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 22, 2006, 02:34 PM
Hmm, I must be confused then.
I understand from the article that Quebec had a law preventing people from buying private health insurance to pay for medial services, the Supreme Court overturned it?...

QuoteA recent Canadian court decision has ruled that the Canadian health care system, which outlaws private health insurance, contravened the Quebec Charter of Rights guaranteeing the right to security of the person. In June 2005, the Supreme Court of Canada overturned a Quebec law preventing people from buying private health insurance to pay for medical services available through the publicly funded system. While the ruling applies only to the province of Quebec, it is believed by some that it could fundamentally change the way health care is delivered across the country.

There's a big difference between private healthcare and private health insurance. 

The laws were about whether or not people in Quebec could buy insurance to provide coverage.  Without it, they have to pay cash (or credit or whatever) for private healthcare.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Akamas

Although slightly off the flow of conversation, I figured I'd mention that I just finished voting and I'm crossing my fingers for the Conservative party.
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

iago

Quote from: Akamas on January 23, 2006, 06:22 PM
Although slightly off the flow of conversation, I figured I'd mention that I just finished voting and I'm crossing my fingers for the Conservative party.

Eww.  I hate all 3 parties, but I hate Conservative most.  They're religious USA-lovers, which are both really bad things, in my eyes. 

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on January 23, 2006, 06:28 PM

Eww.  I hate all 3 parties, but I hate Conservative most.  They're religious USA-lovers, which are both really bad things, in my eyes. 
Did you vote?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 23, 2006, 07:09 PM

Did you vote?

I voted.... for none.  You can think of it as a form of protest.  I hate all 3 options almost equally, none of them deserve my vote. 

Of course, I hate conservatives slightly more than the others, and they're likely the ones who will win (or have won.. what time do the polls close?)

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on January 23, 2006, 08:09 PM

Did you vote?

I voted.... for none.  You can think of it as a form of protest.  I hate all 3 options almost equally, none of them deserve my vote. 

Of course, I hate conservatives slightly more than the others, and they're likely the ones who will win (or have won.. what time do the polls close?)
Uhm, no, I believe not voting is a form of stupidity & treasonesque.
Protesting would be holding a sign in where ever your government building thing is or calling your representative.
Not voting is say "who gives a flip, I couldn't care less what happens to Canada"
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 23, 2006, 08:20 PM
Protesting would be holding a sign in where ever your government building thing is or calling your representative.
Not voting is say "who gives a flip, I couldn't care less what happens to Canada"

Then who do you vote for, an idiot, a thief, or a zealot? 

The NDP waste money on stupid things, and are really bad for the economy
The Liberals have "lost" over $2 billion in the last 3 or 4 years
The Conservatives are run by a very religious person, and I think religion and government should be separate (zealot is a strong word, but I can't think of any word for it). 

As far as I'm concerned, not voting is a perfectly valid vote.  I'm doing it out of protest (passive resistance), not out of ignorance/apathy.  What's wrong with not voting for somebody you know you're going to hate?

I'm not going to march around with a sign that says "all politicians suck".  I express myself differently than that. 

I think this line from The Simpsons summarizes everything, "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodoss"

l)ragon

reminder befor somone does it lol, do not post any of the seat numbers or say who is in the lead, people have had criminal charges for doing so during other election's lol.

not my place to say since its not my message board just warning you befor hand.

and i hope the conservative's chock on their own shit for calling this election.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

iago

Yeah, but it's after 8pm EST, so most polls are closed.  If you live in BC, don't look down!

[Party]    [Elected]    [Leading]    [Vote Share]
CON   12   75   34.99%
LIB   18   52   38.31%
BQ   1   28   1.55%
NDP   3   20   22.00%
IND   0   1   .34%
OTH   0   0   2.80%

That's so cool how an independent is leading in one area! :)

I like how LIB has more percentage, but CON has more seats. 

A Conservative minority might not be so bad, though, At least it's really close. :)

<edit>
CON   19   78   35.21%
LIB   19   67   37.62%
BQ   1   39   2.19%
NDP   4   16   21.62%
IND   0   1   .34%
OTH   0   0   3.01%

Liberal is catching up! :)

iago

CON  LIB   PQ    NDP
98   86   49   22
Total Elected and Leading

CON and LIB are still really close.. Harper and Martin must have been excited :)

But I guess we have a minority Conservative government.  We'll see what happens!

l)ragon

Quote from: iago on January 23, 2006, 09:12 PM
CON  LIB   PQ    NDP
98   86   49   22
Total Elected and Leading

CON and LIB are still really close.. Harper and Martin must have been excited :)

But I guess we have a minority Conservative government.  We'll see what happens!
think its going to end up as a desideing vote in B.C. lol then again there are the mail in votes still to be counted.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

iago

It's not likely that anything will change enough to give the liberals 18 more seats, there are only 42 more up for grabs, and the liberals only have half of them.  So pretty much every incomplete one where the Tories are winning have to change to Liberal, but that won't happen. 

122   104   50   30
CON  LIB  BQ   NDP

At least conservatives only have a minority, they need liberals on their side to do anything. 

Akamas

Quote from: iago on January 23, 2006, 08:09 PM

Eww. I hate all 3 parties, but I hate Conservative most. They're religious USA-lovers, which are both really bad things, in my eyes.
Did you vote?

I voted.... for none. You can think of it as a form of protest. I hate all 3 options almost equally, none of them deserve my vote.

Good job!
Quote from: Arta[vL] on August 14, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, I want some too. Greedy Yoni should stop hogging it.

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on January 23, 2006, 08:33 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on January 23, 2006, 08:20 PM

Then who do you vote for, an idiot, a thief, or a zealot? 

The NDP waste money on stupid things, and are really bad for the economy
The Liberals have "lost" over $2 billion in the last 3 or 4 years
The Conservatives are run by a very religious person, and I think religion and government should be separate (zealot is a strong word, but I can't think of any word for it). 

As far as I'm concerned, not voting is a perfectly valid vote.  I'm doing it out of protest (passive resistance), not out of ignorance/apathy.  What's wrong with not voting for somebody you know you're going to hate?

I'm not going to march around with a sign that says "all politicians suck".  I express myself differently than that. 

I think this line from The Simpsons summarizes everything, "Don't blame me, I voted for Kodoss"

That's just a cop-out.
You could vote for someone you agreed w/on the issues, there has to be SOMEONE out there who is at least close, Canada isn't that non-diverse.
You have to make compromises to get anywhere in life.
(ré-bun-dance)

|