• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Canadian Election

Started by iago, January 17, 2006, 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

It's less than a week until the Canadian federal election, so I'm curious what other Canadians/educated Americans (if any of you know about Canada) think. 

So far, of the three main parties, here's what I think:

NDP (New Democrat): They are pro-giving away money to homeless and anti-technology.  I'm not a fan of keeping homeless poor (by giving them free money), and I like technology.  I don't like what they've been doing in Manitoba since they took over. 

Liberal: They've been elected in the last 2 (probably more than 2) elections.  They have proven, time and time again, that they can't be trusted.  They steal, lie, and get caught at it.  Chretien and Martin were both losers. 

PC (Progressive Conservative): Honestly, I don't know anything about them.  But the other 2 parties suck, so I'm hoping they win. 

Reform/Alliance: Do they still exist?  I seem to remember that the Canadian Reform Alliance Party (CRAP) didn't last for very long..
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

NDP doesn't sound cool, they sound like a stupid version of our democrats

Liberal...I dunnoyou didn't talk about their views

PC...sounds sorta oxymoronish.  Progressive yet conservative
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

QuoteThe Progressive Conservative Party of Canada (PC) was a Canadian centre-right conservative political party that existed from 1867 to 2003. Although the party officially ceased to exist after 2003, several members of the unelected Canadian Senate continued to sit as members of the Progressive Conservative caucus, and the conservative parties in most Canadian provinces still use the Progressive Conservative name. Progressive Conservatives were colloquially known as Tories.

(Wikipedia)

Haha, a party that doesn't even exist is in this thing? Canada is majorly flawed.

Mephisto

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on January 17, 2006, 07:59 PM
QuoteThe Progressive Conservative Party of Canada (PC) was a Canadian centre-right conservative political party that existed from 1867 to 2003. Although the party officially ceased to exist after 2003, several members of the unelected Canadian Senate continued to sit as members of the Progressive Conservative caucus, and the conservative parties in most Canadian provinces still use the Progressive Conservative name. Progressive Conservatives were colloquially known as Tories.

(Wikipedia)

Haha, a party that doesn't even exist is in this thing? Canada is majorly flawed.

Same could be said about the U.S. IMO.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Mephisto on January 17, 2006, 08:00 PM

(Wikipedia)

What parties?
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

Quote from: Mephisto on January 17, 2006, 08:00 PM

(Wikipedia)

You can GTFO IMO.

iago

(Wikipedia)

Ah, I was wondering about that.  I guess it's just the "Conservatives" now.

iago

<edit> The post I quoted disappeared, so I edited my reply to reflect that.  I kept one quote though, because it's important:

Quote from: Rule on January 17, 2006, 08:38 PM
The PC is not running in the Canadian election.  It merged with the "Alliance," and is now the conservative party, under Stephen Harper. 
Sorry, that was my fault.  I forgot that the PC changed to Conservative (along with the Alliance). 

l)ragon

Quote from: iago on January 17, 2006, 07:28 PM
It's less than a week until the Canadian federal election, so I'm curious what other Canadians/educated Americans (if any of you know about Canada) think. 

So far, of the three main parties, here's what I think:

NDP (New Democrat): They are pro-giving away money to homeless and anti-technology.  I'm not a fan of keeping homeless poor (by giving them free money), and I like technology.  I don't like what they've been doing in Manitoba since they took over. 

Liberal: They've been elected in the last 2 (probably more than 2) elections.  They have proven, time and time again, that they can't be trusted.  They steal, lie, and get caught at it.  Chretien and Martin were both losers. 

PC (Progressive Conservative): Honestly, I don't know anything about them.  But the other 2 parties suck, so I'm hoping they win. 

Reform/Alliance: Do they still exist?  I seem to remember that the Canadian Reform Alliance Party (CRAP) didn't last for very long..

Dont care who wins aslong as the "Conservative"'s don't win, they can stick their blue, white, and red flags up their ass since they like to sell our country out every time they are in power.
*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,l)ragon,.-·~^*ˆ¨¯¯¨ˆ*^~·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.-·~^*

iago

I did some reading on our Conservative party, and I agree, I very much hope they don't win.  All of our choices suck badly, actually.  The best case, in my opinion, is if Paul Martin and his Liberals win, but I don't much care for that. 

NDP - I already said, and my opinion hasn't changed. 
Conservative - Very religious, against freedom (including gay marriages), and, as you said, they're sellouts. 
Liberal - Keep getting caught with their paws in the money, but at least they're running our country well. 

Joe[x86]

I'd vote for whoever is running in the CRAP party, just for the hell of it! =)
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Quote from: l)ragon on January 18, 2006, 05:33 PM
Dont care who wins aslong as the "Conservative"'s don't win, they can stick their blue, white, and red flags up their ass since they like to sell our country out every time they are in power.
uhm, since when the fuck does the Canadian flag have blue in it?...
(ré-bun-dance)

Rule

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 18, 2006, 11:41 PM

Maybe read his post again and take a look at your own flag.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Rule on January 19, 2006, 12:05 AM

I know what he is talking about, but I don't get why he is talking about a US election while everyone else is talking about the Canadian election
(ré-bun-dance)

Rule

Quote from: CrAz3D on January 19, 2006, 08:38 AM
Quote from: Rule on January 19, 2006, 12:05 AM

I know what he is talking about, but I don't get why he is talking about a US election while everyone else is talking about the Canadian election

Wrong again.  He isn't talking about a US election.