• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Re: Looking for ideas

Started by rabbit, January 13, 2006, 10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rabbit

Bring back botnet chat :\

I run my WebBot off of a different computer, which I rarely touch.  It'd be nice if, instead of just saying "There's a new version", if it could download, update, restart, connect, and return to it's system tray home and add a line to something like "updates.log" about "Updated from version X to version Y on ABC".

I'd very much like to see autoconnect and autotray, but IIRC these were suggested already.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Quote from: rabbit on January 13, 2006, 10:30 PMBring back botnet chat :\

I don't think WebBot ever allowed you to chat on Botnet...

Quote from: rabbit on January 13, 2006, 10:30 PMI run my WebBot off of a different computer, which I rarely touch.  It'd be nice if, instead of just saying "There's a new version", if it could download, update, restart, connect, and return to it's system tray home and add a line to something like "updates.log" about "Updated from version X to version Y on ABC".

That's possible, but not worth the effort since most updates aren't very urgent, and users can just download them manually if they want the new changes.  Interesting idea though.

Quote from: rabbit on January 13, 2006, 10:30 PMI'd very much like to see autoconnect and autotray, but IIRC these were suggested already.

Yes, "auto-connect" has been suggested, not "auto-tray" though.  I'll add option for that.

Anyways, this is kind of off-topic from what the thread is supposed to be about.  Splitting...

rabbit

Quote from: Spht on January 14, 2006, 07:27 AM

But once upon a time botnet had chat.  I just meant reenable it on the server, not necessarily on WebBot.
Grif: Yeah, and the people in the red states are mad because the people in the blue states are mean to them and want them to pay money for roads and schools instead of cool things like NASCAR and shotguns.  Also, there's something about ketchup in there.

Spht

Quote from: rabbit on January 14, 2006, 01:31 PM
Quote from: Spht on January 14, 2006, 07:27 AM

But once upon a time botnet had chat.  I just meant reenable it on the server, not necessarily on WebBot.

You could always chat on Botnet.  A couple years ago a rule was made that you need to be logged on to a database to chat though.

There's a database called MiniCouncil that is available to the public for chatting.  Ask around for the password.

rabbit

Explicit

I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Joe[x86]

I don't think Spht want's it publicly posted, so I PM'd it to both of you.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Spht

Quote from: Spht on January 14, 2006, 05:46 PMThere's a database called MiniCouncil that is available to the public for chatting.  Ask around for the password.

I never posted the password because I don't know it off-hand and have no easy way of getting it.

rabbit

So can it be posted by someone and stickied somewhere (IE: the "About BotNet" thread?)

Spht

Quote from: rabbit on January 18, 2006, 07:21 PM
So can it be posted by someone and stickied somewhere (IE: the "About BotNet" thread?)

Probably.  But like I said, I don't know the password.

rabbit