• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Carefully Crafted Response to How to...

Started by hismajesty, December 22, 2005, 09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

hismajesty

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM
1. You have to believe that the AIDS virus is spread because people are evil and should be punished.
huh?

2. You have to believe that the evolution is a myth (despite the evidence of biochemistry and the fossil record) but that Intelligent Design theory should be taught in schools.

ID and evolution should be taught side-by-side, thus allowing students to make their own decisions on existance. I also think that ID (since it isn't creationism) can fit with evolution without much contradicting.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM3. You have to believe that there is no causal link between legal, easily-obtainable handguns and high murder rates.

The majority of crimes are due to oppurtunity, and if you want someone dead you're going to be able to make it happen. Just like if you want a gun, you're gonna get one. Marjiuana is illegal, but middle school kids are still getting it. Plus, do you expect criminals to just stop selling guns on the street and return them to their local precinct? Fat chance. Law-abiding citizens need guns to protect themselves against criminals. It may be sad, but it's a hard fact.

6. You have to believe that homosexuality is evil (despite the fact that it occurs in nature) and that women should stay at home to cook and bear children.

Maybe gay people are a form of mutation, since you know, straight people are way more common and stuff. Plus, why should homosexuality occur in nature unless it was by accident? It serves no purpose.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM7. You have to be against abortion but support capital punishment.

Look at the abortion rate vs. the # of people put to death by the government. Your argument is OBVIOUSLY flawed. Furthermore, those on death row DESERVE their fate, whereas those fetus' being butchered definitely have no choice in the matter - it's the parents fault. (Though, I'm pro-limited abortion availability, but I don't think it should be a form of birth control.)

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM8. You have to believe that corporations never purposely hurt anyone to make money.

Corporations do nothing but help people, what do you think stimulates the economy? Hippies out holding signs and smoking pot? No, sorry. Corporations boost the cash flow (via jobs, products, etc.)

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM10. You have to believe that middle class income should be taxed, but inherited wealth should not be.

13. You have to believe that taxes are for poor and middle class people, not the rich.

Way to twist words. I don't feel as if upper income (not necessarily inherited, but who cares if it's inherited....at some point somebody had to work for that from the ground up.) should not be taxed, but it shouldn't be increased. My grandpa was talking to be about this last night - by increasing taxes the wealthy have less money to use in economic ventures thus hindering public facilities, creation of business, and in essence creation of jobs. The wealthy may control 80% of the nations assets, but for good reason, they're the ones helping the country the most. In fact, our nation would be better off without poor people. They're nothing but a burden.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM11. You have to believe that war is an acceptable solution to any economic or social problem.

It's worked so far. (see results of the following: American Revolution, Civil War, World War II, etc.)

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM12. You have to believe the NRA is good because it supports certain parts of the Constitution, while the ACLU is bad because it supports certain parts of the Constitution.

If the ACLU wasn't so freaking communistic it might be a little better.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM15. You have to believe that affirmative action is wrong, because everyone knows there's no more racism in America.

In order to be a Democrat you have to beleive blacks are too stupid to get into college without help. Who's the racist? Yeah, you.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM16. You have to believe that Ann Coulter is really a lady.

Ann Coulter is second only to Laura Bush. I love them.

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 22, 2005, 06:03 PM18. You have to believe liberals telling the truth belong in jail, but a liar and draft-dodger belongs in the White House.

Wait. You mean Clinton?

20. You have to believe that illegal Republican Party funding by corporations is somehow in the best interest of the United States.

Um. Soft money isn't illegal. On the other hand, not naming your foreign financial supporters when asked to by Congress (like Kerry!) does seem a bit fishy.

MyndFyre

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 22, 2005, 09:35 PM
2. You have to believe that the evolution is a myth (despite the evidence of biochemistry and the fossil record) but that Intelligent Design theory should be taught in schools.

ID and evolution should be taught side-by-side, thus allowing students to make their own decisions on existance. I also think that ID (since it isn't creationism) can fit with evolution without much contradicting.
Furthermore, I think that the biochemistry does NOT support the independent random evolution model.
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

CrAz3D

random evolution, bs, obviously, WAY too many conincidences.

homsexuality, IF (that's a FREAKIN HUGE if too) genetically created is a mutation.

yay trust for spending more time on this than I have the current  attention span for
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Grok

Look at the abortion rate vs. the # of people put to death by the government. Your argument is OBVIOUSLY flawed. Furthermore, those on death row DESERVE their fate, whereas those fetus' being butchered definitely have no choice in the matter - it's the parents fault. (Though, I'm pro-limited abortion availability, but I don't think it should be a form of birth control.)

In your comparison, why is it "fate" for death-row inmates, but being "butchered" for a fetus?  Did it not sound equally as good to say:

Furthermore, those unwanted fetus' DESERVE their fate, whereas those death row inmates being butchered definitely have no choice in the matter - it's the government's fault.

hismajesty

Last time I checked, butchering wasn't one of the five legal ways to execute somebody in the United States.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Grok on December 23, 2005, 07:40 AM

In your comparison, why is it "fate" for death-row inmates, but being "butchered" for a fetus?  Did it not sound equally as good to say:

Furthermore, those unwanted fetus' DESERVE their fate, whereas those death row inmates being butchered definitely have no choice in the matter - it's the government's fault.
The infant has done nothing to deserve that fate.

I believe butchered is a correct term for fetus termination.
Butchering is killing indiscriminately, indiscriminately means not based on careful distinctions.  People kill their kids because they don't want it, no other reason.

Cons/felons (whatever) are killed because a GOOD number of people thought it through & honestly believed that is what is best for that person.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Eric

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 23, 2005, 08:47 AM
Quote from: Grok on December 23, 2005, 07:40 AM

The infant has done nothing to deserve that fate.

It's not an infant.  It's a fetus.  Don't confuse the two.

QuoteI believe butchered is a correct term for fetus termination.
Butchering is killing indiscriminately, indiscriminately means not based on careful distinctions.

If you seriously think that everyone who walks into an abortion clinic has had no thoughts on the subject what-so-ever and that their only reasoning behind their decision is that they don't want the burden of a child, then you need to take a step back and look more in-depth on the issue before picking a standpoint.

CrAz3D

soon-to-be-infant, k.

As far as the not wanting the kid, there are 2 choices, there is no inbetween.  Either they want the kid or not.  The reasons may vary, income, rape, disease/mutation, just DON'T want the kid.
It is more of a selfish choice, can I afford this kid? can I live with this kid that is deformed? do I want this mistake?

Whereas a person to be excuted is being punished & saving society from an evil person.

Yeah, you have to think about it in both situations, but the mindset is different in each one.
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

An abortion is obviously only about the well-being of the kid. Would this kid have a good life? Would this kid be loved? Would this kid live its life in pain?

Whereas an execution is pure bloodthirst. I want to kill someone because it makes me feel better!

CrAz3D

There you go appealing to emotion ;)

People to be executed aren't generally loved, have cause other people much harm.  Terminating someone that is so evil is much better than terminating someone that has done nothing wrong.
(ré-bun-dance)

Ishbar

I have to agree with CrAz3D, but disagree at the same time. The majority of teens who abort are usually doing it to just get rid of the child and it's their fault. While on the other hand a girl could be raped, impregnated, and not want to bare a child from victimization. Or in another case it could be because the future mother cannot support a child and it would only make much trouble for her life. A lot of the time's when a girl has carried a child inside of her for a few months she becomes attached, so abortion is exponentially the hardest decision she ever has to make. No matter how selfish it may seem.

Adron

Yeah, I doubt having an abortion is ever a selfish decision. It is going to hurt, so the decision has to be to avoid greater hurt.

And punishment for criminals is very much about bloodthirst and making the victims or survivors feel better. Arguing for the death penalty is often done by appealing to emotions, appealing to a desire for revenge.

CrAz3D

I'll accept that abortion can be selflessness too.
It all depends.

Excution is punishment for an extreme crime, how can you not see it.  It makes people feel better about knowing that the person that killed their son had the same thing happen to him.
Is it just that the murderer lives on a comfortable life in prison while a man lies dead?
That is not just, how can you be so blind as to not see that?

Also, I see you haven't mentioned anything about abortion & the soon-to-be-child dying an undeserved death.
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

The dealth penalty is there to satisfy a desire for vengeance. Nothing more. With the exception of the US and a couple of other places, the entire civilised world has deemed it to be unethical and ineffective.

Plea bargaining and the death penalty make a mockery of justice and of the right to due process.

CrAz3D

in effective? hmm
cause we ALL know a serial killer can keep working from beyond the grave
(ré-bun-dance)

|