• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Fraternity

Started by warz, December 21, 2005, 09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

warz

Is anyone in a fraternity here? If so, which one and what school?

MyndFyre

I promise you if you spell it like that, none of them will accept you.  Unless they're drinking that night.  Which is likely all of them.  So you might just make it in!

I'm not in a frat; I've not really had much use for one.  The party scene is not my thing.  One of my friends is in Delta Upsilon, though.  *shrug*
QuoteEvery generation of humans believed it had all the answers it needed, except for a few mysteries they assumed would be solved at any moment. And they all believed their ancestors were simplistic and deluded. What are the odds that you are the first generation of humans who will understand reality?

After 3 years, it's on the horizon.  The new JinxBot, and BN#, the managed Battle.net Client library.

Quote from: chyea on January 16, 2009, 05:05 PM
You've just located global warming.

WoOdTroll

You dont like to party?  :o

warz

Well, I'm already in one so I'm sure a my poor spelling won't be an issue. :-p

Spht

Fraternity?  What the douche?  Must be an American thing...

Rule

Quote from: Spht on December 21, 2005, 01:05 PM
Fraternity?  What the douche?  Must be an American thing...

You're joking right?  Where do you go to school? (e.g. which school)

Maddox

Quote from: MyndFyre on December 21, 2005, 09:44 AM
I promise you if you spell it like that, none of them will accept you.  Unless they're drinking that night.  Which is likely all of them.  So you might just make it in!

I'm not in a frat; I've not really had much use for one.  The party scene is not my thing.  One of my friends is in Delta Upsilon, though.  *shrug*

What is wrong with his spelling?  The fraternities at GT consider it disrespectful if you use the term "frat."  My roommate is in DU as well.
asdf.

Kp

Quote from: Maddox on December 22, 2005, 09:03 PM
Quote from: MyndFyre on December 21, 2005, 09:44 AMI promise you if you spell it like that, none of them will accept you.  Unless they're drinking that night.  Which is likely all f them.  So you might just make it in!

What is wrong with his spelling?  The fraternities at GT consider it disrespectful if you use the term "frat."  My roommate is in DU as well.

Based on the automatically picked title of all our responses, I think he originally spelled it "fraturnity," then later edited his post to correct the mistake.
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

warz

Yeah, I fixed the spelling error.

I'm in Kappa Sigma at Texas Tech. We don't have DU there. The big saying regarding the word "frat" is "You wouldn't call your country a cunt, so don't call your fraternity a frat."

CrAz3D

heh, amusing.

OH WELL, I still believe most frat people are dicks.  There are few frats/sororities that have decent people in them.  Greek life seems rather pointless to me.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

I plan to be a freemason. That's a fraternity. :)

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 23, 2005, 10:58 AM
Just don't become a jerk.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 23, 2005, 11:19 AM
Just don't become a jerk.

According to a lot of people I already am. :P

Meh

My nick name at school was free or freemason as my name is James Mason :P

warz

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 23, 2005, 10:52 AM
heh, amusing.

OH WELL, I still believe most frat people are dicks.  There are few frats/sororities that have decent people in them.  Greek life seems rather pointless to me.

You're 19, so I'm not sure if you're in college yet, or not, but it sounds to me like you've never really met a fraternity before. Depending on which state you're in the greek life varies, but down south and largely the south-eastern states greek life is huge. Fraternities are generally what the "decent people" decide to join. Sure, there's good people not in them, but most are mainly good guys.

The same goes for sororities.

Greek life is less pointless than being a GDI. What's to gain from being a GDI vs. whats to gain from being in a fraternity?