• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

NSA Spying

Started by CrAz3D, December 17, 2005, 06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

I read an article about it from the BBC, but I forget where it was from.  Reference?

And yeah, the whole PATRIOT act thing is scary.  Crown corps/government departments here are no longer allowed to outsource to American companies because the US government can read any of your data without telling you.  That's unacceptable, to us.  It costs us a lot more money, and loses American companies money, but ohwell...

Btw, is this related to PATRIOT?  That was my first assumption, but I could be wrong. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Joe[x86]

Hm.. *installs Gaim-Encryption*
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

CrAz3D

Quote from: iago on December 17, 2005, 08:24 PM
I read an article about it from the BBC, but I forget where it was from.  Reference?

And yeah, the whole PATRIOT act thing is scary.  Crown corps/government departments here are no longer allowed to outsource to American companies because the US government can read any of your data without telling you.  That's unacceptable, to us.  It costs us a lot more money, and loses American companies money, but ohwell...

Btw, is this related to PATRIOT?  That was my first assumption, but I could be wrong. 

100% agreed...I dislike the Patriot Act too.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

hismajesty

I love the Patriot Act, and it's one of the things I feel more strongly about. CrAz3D, you suck.

iago

It basically gives the federal government total power to deny you certain basic rights that you supposedly deserve as a human being and American citizen.  How can you support something that denies you your basic freedoms?

hismajesty

Quote from: iago on December 17, 2005, 09:52 PM
It basically gives the federal government total power to deny you certain basic rights that you supposedly deserve as a human being and American citizen. How can you support something that denies you your basic freedoms?

Because it doesn't affect me? It doesn't hurt anyone unless the government suspects them of intended (or future intentions of) malice, and I don't intend to make any plots against our government.

Plus, the Patriot Act is the reason the Brooklyn Bridge is still around.

DarkMinion

Yeah, let me put my foil hat on.

Kp

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 17, 2005, 09:55 PM
Quote from: iago on December 17, 2005, 09:52 PMIt basically gives the federal government total power to deny you certain basic rights that you supposedly deserve as a human being and American citizen. How can you support something that denies you your basic freedoms?
Because it doesn't affect me?

Yet.  As long as it's on the books, there's the potential for it to be used.  Anti-gun bureaucrats in the U.S. have long denied that there would ever be blatant firearm confiscation, but that's exactly what happened in New Orleans after the hurricane.  Big-brother bureaucrats similarly deny that privacy-limiting legislation will ever be used for purposes other than "anti-terrorism."  Can you affirm that not only are they telling the truth, but that all their successors and subordinates will be similarly pure of purpose?  If not, why are you so eager to see something so dangerous laid into the lawbooks, particularly since the U.S. doesn't have a history of repealing unnecessary/outdated laws?
[19:20:23] (BotNet) <[vL]Kp> Any idiot can make a bot with CSB, and many do!

Adron

Hey, that is great!  Anyone carrying a firearm is obviously planning something sneaky. So they deserve to be spied on and have their guns confiscated!

CrAz3D

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 17, 2005, 09:55 PM
Quote from: iago on December 17, 2005, 09:52 PM
It basically gives the federal government total power to deny you certain basic rights that you supposedly deserve as a human being and American citizen. How can you support something that denies you your basic freedoms?

Because it doesn't affect me? It doesn't hurt anyone unless the government suspects them of intended (or future intentions of) malice, and I don't intend to make any plots against our government.

Plus, the Patriot Act is the reason the Brooklyn Bridge is still around.
"or future intentions"
That means anyone if they have a 'feeling' I may bomb something.

EXAMPLE:
Me: "I just feel like blowing up California"
NSA: "GO GO GO!  Take him down"...etc

I literally mean I feel like blowing up California, but I won't.  Them listening is an infringment on my civil liberties
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

I have no problem giving up some of my civil rights in exchange for more safety. I honestly don't fit the demographic they're searching for, nor do I plan on making threats against the country.

QuoteHey, that is great!  Anyone carrying a firearm is obviously planning something sneaky. So they deserve to be spied on and have their guns confiscated!

It was New Orleans, so, yeah, pretty much, they were.

CrAz3D

We were founded upon a belief/focus in the people...not the state.

One of most famous quotes ever:
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

Another excerpt from his speech/address:
"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?"

http://libertyonline.hypermall.com/henry-liberty.html
(ré-bun-dance)

hismajesty

I'm well aware of who Patrick Henry was and what he said. Just because he made a speech saying that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I actually would probably have been a Loyalist in the Revolutionary War.

iago

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 18, 2005, 08:00 AM
I have no problem giving up some of my civil rights in exchange for more safety. I honestly don't fit the demographic they're searching for, nor do I plan on making threats against the country.

So as long as they're doing it in a purely racist way, it's ok?

What if I say, "hey hismajesty, when are we going to blow up the Washington Monument?" on this forum?  Or on AIM, or I'll send you an email.  I wouldn't be surprised if the US had sensors around their portion of the Internet that would see that kind of traffic.  Suddenly, you fit right into the group of people who it's "okay" to take civil rights away from.