• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

A win for the tobacco companies

Started by CrAz3D, December 15, 2005, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explicit

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 16, 2005, 12:12 AM
I was 7 when I had my first ciggeratte. I am 18.

That doesn't mean you've been smoking throughout the entire time.  At age seven, I think your reaction would be like any other kid's, which is to put it out in disgust.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Forged

I began smoking at 15 because it seemed cool.  I continued to smoke because I became addicted.  I haven't try to quit out of apathy.  I realize it is bad for me, I am constantlly reminded by everyone I know that doesn't smoke.

And that sir is why smokers smoke.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Meh

I cant see how people get addicted. I smoked a cig about 3 weeks ago, one the next day then didnt have another one untl yesterday. No cravings nothing. When people say all it takes is one ciggarette  cant be true.

iago

Quote from: Meh on December 16, 2005, 05:41 AM
I cant see how people get addicted. I smoked a cig about 3 weeks ago, one the next day then didnt have another one untl yesterday. No cravings nothing. When people say all it takes is one ciggarette  cant be true.

Some people are affected differently than others. 

But keep in mind that people who are regular smokers didn't start as regular smokers (probably?), they started by doing it occasionally. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Forged

Quote from: Meh on December 16, 2005, 05:41 AM

It is a little diffrent when you smoke a pack a day.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

WoOdTroll

Some people are born with addictive personalities. I for one.

For example, alcoholics, druggies etc.

Anyway, no I smoked for a long time, atleast a pack per day, around the age of 11-13 it was simple to get for me, since my parents were hardcore smokers. I'll steal it, or my mom would give me some.

iago

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 16, 2005, 12:47 PM
Some people are born with addictive personalities. I for one.

Yeah, I agree with that.  My family (like, mom, her siblings, parents, etc) are all really bad at self control.  Everybody at my mom's generation smokes, and everybody at my mom's and my generation drink a lot (except for me).  Also, everybody is overweight.  I suspect it all relates to a lack of self control and discipline. 

Invert

Quote from: iago on December 15, 2005, 05:28 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D link=topic=9823.msg126233#msg126233
I smoked a few drags off 1 cigarette, I by far have not become a smoker

I guess that makes you stupid, too? 

People are dumb, and they get themselves addicted without realizing it.  They don't realize it's happening until it's too late; if they knew what was going to happen, they wouldn't have.  Who WANTS to be a smoker?

Cigarette addiction is an unproven theory. The risk of smoking is listed on every pack of cigarettes.

QwertyMonster

I got offered a Cigarette yesturday. I said no, i don't want to smoke. I never have, and i never will.

WoOdTroll

No, being fat is a normal result of being lazy. They know they're becoming fat/ter, and choose not to do anything about it. Doing 36 sit ups daily for example. Its not hard, you just think it is.

Then they get made fun of, and say "I cant just lose all this in a day you know, not like I can cut it off". Women say that all the time.

Explicit

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 17, 2005, 05:16 PM
No, being fat is a normal result of being lazy. They know they're becoming fat/ter, and choose not to do anything about it. Doing 36 sit ups daily for example. Its not hard, you just think it is.

Then they get made fun of, and say "I cant just lose all this in a day you know, not like I can cut it off". Women say that all the time.

Food can be just as addicting as cigarettes, can't it?  The difference is that you need food to live, while cigarettes you can do without.  As for being fat, it still involves some level of self-discipline.  Much like smoking, you could resist the urge, yet you give in regardless of the risks.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

iago

Quote from: Invert on December 17, 2005, 03:04 PM
Cigarette addiction is an unproven theory. The risk of smoking is listed on every pack of cigarettes.
My proof is that people who smoke tend to keep smoking.  That's enough evidence for me!

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 17, 2005, 05:16 PM

Yes, being fat involves genetics.  I do a hell of a lot more exercising than any of my friends, and I don't ate horribly, and I'm still well overweight.  Yes, it's possible to change by making myself suffer, but that's not the point.  The point is, this isn't from how I live or eat, it's the way I was born.  It can be changed, but it's also genetic. 

WoOdTroll

The only genetic thing that occurs ismetabolism. Some people have fast, or slow metabolisms. You have to watch out what you eat.

Its not suffering if you know you're making yourself healthier. If you feel pain from working out its because you don't do enough. Do the same rythem of push-up, and sit-ups on a daily basis, and I assure you. That you will not consider it suffering anymore!

CrAz3D

Nicotine is adicctive.  Cafine is addicn I stopped drinkin alot of coke everydaytive, I had withdrawls whe
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

warz

Don't do situps if you're wanting to lose weight. Sit ups will help build your abdominal muscles, which is pointless if you're fat. You need to run.

Also, 36 sit ups a day is nothing. Let me re-iterate that - nothing. You should be doing four sets of 36. heh.

|