• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

A win for the tobacco companies

Started by CrAz3D, December 15, 2005, 03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrAz3D

rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D link=topic=9823.msg126233#msg126233
I smoked a few drags off 1 cigarette, I by far have not become a smoker

I guess that makes you stupid, too? 

People are dumb, and they get themselves addicted without realizing it.  They don't realize it's happening until it's too late; if they knew what was going to happen, they wouldn't have.  Who WANTS to be a smoker?
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

I smoked, I am not a smoker, I didn't like it....had I continued I wouldn't blame my failing lungs on the company that provided me with the cigarettes...its my own fault.  My grandma smoked since forever & died at a younger age, she never sued the companies nor did she ever quit, she liked smoking.

People like the taste of the tobacco.

I personally am quite fond of 2nd hand smoke smell, provided it is the right brand.  It brings back memories of my grandma.
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

topaz

People smoke because of two reasons: They didn't know the effects of it, and there are those who smoke knowing the effects and perhaps not caring. Smoking is very calming, and it helps people to deal with daily stress.
RLY...?

hismajesty

That's like typing a lot and then sueing keyboard makers when you get carpul tunnel(sp?).

Or drinking soda and getting mad at Coca-Cola for the health effects associated with all the caffeine.

Tazo

Quote from: Topaz on December 15, 2005, 05:39 PM
People smoke because of two reasons: They didn't know the effects of it, and there are those who smoke knowing the effects and perhaps not caring. Smoking is very calming, and it helps people to deal with daily stress.
Not really, its a stimulant. A depressant, such as Alcohol, would more accurately fit your description.

iago

Quote from: Topaz on December 15, 2005, 05:39 PM

People smoke because of one reason: It's addictive. 

People start smoking for your reasons, perhaps. 

CrAz3D

Do you smoke iago?  Are you possitive that is the only reason that people smoke?
(ré-bun-dance)

WoOdTroll

Peer pressure is a big one.

I smoked because I got hooked, and because I liked to smoke at the same time. Failing lungs, and a virus infection made me quit.

I quit cold-turkey, its not hard. You just need to be strong-minded.

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 15, 2005, 10:33 PM
Do you smoke iago?  Are you possitive that is the only reason that people smoke?

Nope, but everybody in my family does, as well as a lot of friends.  And none of them want to do it, but they all suck at quitting. 

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 15, 2005, 10:40 PM
Peer pressure is a big one.

I smoked because I got hooked, and because I liked to smoke at the same time. Failing lungs, and a virus infection made me quit.

I quit cold-turkey, its not hard. You just need to be strong-minded.
Most people are weak minded, though :P

WoOdTroll

Explicit

Quote from: WoOdTroll on December 15, 2005, 10:54 PM
They're inferior. ;D

They aren't necessarily inferior.  It could just be that they've been smoking much longer than you, making it more difficult to choke the habit.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

WoOdTroll

I was 7 when I had my first ciggeratte. I am 18.

iago

Most smokers I know have been smoking for longer than you've been alive.  I don't know a lot of people my age or younger (22) that do. 

Stealth

Quote from: iago on December 15, 2005, 10:52 PM
Most people are weak minded, though :P

These aren't the droids you're looking for...
- Stealth
Author of StealthBot