• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Crips Co-founder Executed

Started by iago, December 13, 2005, 12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iago

QuoteCrips co-founder Stanley Tookie Williams was executed today for four 1979 murders. Officials said he appeared to get impatient as prison staffers tried to find a vein. "He did seem frustrated that it didn't go as quickly as he thought it might," said San Quentin warden Steven Ornoski.

If I had the name "Tookie", I'd be pissed off too.

This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

I read that it took 20 minutes to find a vein in his "muscular" arm, too bad it was a wall of pointy needles that just fell on him slowly, would've been more justly for him to suffer as his victims suffered
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

dxoigmn

Tookie is a play on "took" meaning he took (stole) everything.

I don't want to start a debate in the general forum, but it seems rediculous that we still kill people for their crimes. Logically it doesn't make sense, but emotionally it does.

iago

Quote from: dxoigmn on December 13, 2005, 01:05 PM
Tookie is a play on "took" meaning he took (stole) everything.

I don't want to start a debate in the general forum, but it seems rediculous that we still kill people for their crimes. Logically it doesn't make sense, but emotionally it does.

I agree on both counts, and emotions are NOT a good idea to do something. 

In any case, I posted here to make fun of the name "Tookie", if I wanted a debate on capital punishment, I'd post it elsewhere.  As much as Craz3d's ethics make me cringe, this is not the place. 

MrRaza

I rather like the name tookie. I think it has a nice ring to it.

iago

It makes me think of Hobbits, not of black gangsers :)

MrRaza

Yo tookie, u gots dat 8 ball mannnnnnnnnn.....

MrRaza

Tookie, we should venture on into the mountains to gain the stone of adesssh..

Oh I don't know about that christopher.....

iago

Tookie shall accompany me to destroy the Ring of Power!

(Note: Yeah, Sam Gamgee accompanied him, Pippin Took was part of the war, particularly with taking down Saruman.  Shh.. )

hismajesty

He deserved it. Good riddance. I don't care how much anti-gang books/etc. he did, or if he was nomintead for the Nobel peace prize by some Swiss guy. The fact that even after all that he hasn't apologized or shown remorse for his crimes is what gets me.

MrRaza

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 13, 2005, 02:00 PM
The fact that even after all that he hasn't apologized or shown remorse for his crimes is what gets me.

Doesn't he claim to be framed, if so, what crimes does he need to apologize for?

iago

Quote from: MrRaza on December 13, 2005, 02:04 PM
Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 13, 2005, 02:00 PM
The fact that even after all that he hasn't apologized or shown remorse for his crimes is what gets me.

Doesn't he claim to be framed, if so, what crimes does he need to apologize for?

If he was framed, too bad now. 

He was a bad person, and deserved to be in jail.  But the Death Penalty is a whole other discussion :)

hismajesty

He should apologize for all the murders/crimes across America that he's guilty by association for. Since he started a group (which may or may not have started with good intentions) which is responsible for countless crimes.

dxoigmn

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on December 13, 2005, 04:04 PM
He should apologize for all the murders/crimes across America that he's guilty by association for. Since he started a group (which may or may not have started with good intentions) which is responsible for countless crimes.

Whether or not he actually started crips is debatable. There are some that claim he was not one of the original founders of the crips.

Newby

Fuck him. Good riddance to scum.

His best selling book, Gangs and Violence, sold 300 copies. Wow! He touched 300 kids! Nobel Peace Prize++!
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.