• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Worry when your king says ...

Started by Grok, December 13, 2005, 07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

DarkMinion

I'll try and define what SUPPORT OUR TROOPS means to me.

It means sitting in the front row at the church crying through the funeral of my best friend who was killed in Iraq.  Wishing him on to a better place.

He did not get "thrown" into this war by a "fascist" government as most of you like to call it.

He went of his own accord, to fight for the country he loves.

How dare YOU tell me not to support our troops.

topaz

Quote from: Adron on December 14, 2005, 06:28 PM
Quote from: Topaz on December 14, 2005, 06:13 PM
We've spent billions on repairing the damage we've wrought: We're also one of the countries who helped create the Kyoto agreement. I've lost any respect I've had for you, Adron: The rest of your statement is just blatant bullshit.

While others ratified the Kyoto agreement, the US did not. Go stand in a corner.

Seems as though you may be improving a bit now, some states even agreeing to limit greenhouse gases. Still far from just doing what should have been done years ago.

And you still do not owe up to your debts. Cheap. http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/tables/core/usvtotalindex.htm

And you still give relatively less to those in need than other countries. Cheap.

It's a bit hard to force corporations to take losses of nearly three million dollars in order to satisfy the government. We ARE capitalist, and therefore it takes a while to force changes upon the people. Own up to our debts? We've gone into debt by providing foreign aid, providing defenses to countries, and sending shit around the world to protect you guys. We're a fucking superpower; there are going to be backdrops, its not like we can help EVERYONE. Remember those tsunamis near/around India and the pacific rim? We've contributed billions to help those people, and not just the government. Shut up.
RLY...?

Arta

Quote from: DarkMinion on December 14, 2005, 08:15 PM

I don't know if that was aimed at me or not, so, just to be sure:

I didn't. I've also explained my understanding of the phrase previous to your post, and I doubt that it conflicts significantly with yours.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 14, 2005, 09:52 PM
Quote from: DarkMinion on December 14, 2005, 08:15 PM

I don't know if that was aimed at me or not, so, just to be sure:

I didn't. I've also explained my understanding of the phrase previous to your post, and I doubt that it conflicts significantly with yours.
I think he means Grok.  I've found Grok's posts very confusing on whether or not he actually support the US troops
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 14, 2005, 10:05 PM
I think he means Grok.  I've found Grok's posts very confusing on whether or not he actually support the US troops

My interpretation is that he supports the troops and wishes them happiness and a long prosperous life, though he does not support sending them to Iraq or the people who sent them to Iraq.

Quote from: Topaz on December 14, 2005, 08:29 PM
Quote from: Adron on December 14, 2005, 06:28 PM
And you still do not owe up to your debts. Cheap. http://www.globalpolicy.org/finance/tables/core/usvtotalindex.htm

And you still give relatively less to those in need than other countries. Cheap.

It's a bit hard to force corporations to take losses of nearly three million dollars in order to satisfy the government. We ARE capitalist, and therefore it takes a while to force changes upon the people. Own up to our debts? We've gone into debt by providing foreign aid, providing defenses to countries, and sending shit around the world to protect you guys. We're a fucking superpower; there are going to be backdrops, its not like we can help EVERYONE. Remember those tsunamis near/around India and the pacific rim? We've contributed billions to help those people, and not just the government. Shut up.

It is not hard at all to force corporations into taking losses of a few million dollars. McDonalds took greater losses for making hot coffee. All you have to do is decide, companies will adapt.

Your debts, as I linked. It is kinda sad how a superpower does not pay its debts.

And in another thread on this forum, we discussed how the US gives relatively less than other developed countries.

Cheap.

topaz

Debt owed to an organization we started? We're in a war, if you recall. Funds are kind of short.
RLY...?

Joe[x86]

Haha, I love how Arta, who lives in England, can list our politicians, yet I don't even know who Tony Blair is. Sure, I've heard the name, but it doesn't come to mind when I think of people I disrespect (for reference, Bush does). Go Arta. /pat on back.

EDIT -
Quote from: Topaz on December 15, 2005, 12:36 AM
Debt owed to an organization we started? We're in a war, if you recall. Funds are kind of short.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

hismajesty

Quote from: Joe on December 15, 2005, 01:21 AM
Haha, I love how Arta, who lives in England, can list our politicians, yet I don't even know who Tony Blair is. Sure, I've heard the name, but it doesn't come to mind when I think of people I disrespect (for reference, Bush does). Go Arta. /pat on back.

And what's that say about you? Pretty much that any argument you would have is null and void since you don't even know who the Prime Minister of our greatest ally is.

Joe[x86]

Hm, our greatest ally has a prime minister? Who is our greatest ally, anyhow? I just disrespect Bush because he hopped in on Iraq's business. We were discussing this at Youth Convention, when we reheld the presidential election in the church van on the way back to hotel. Of course, everyone came back at me saying it had to be stopped, which I agree with, but eh. All in all, I disrespect Bush and will be happy leaving it at that.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

DarkMinion

QuoteHm, our greatest ally has a prime minister? Who is our greatest ally, anyhow?

Anything you say should be discounted because of this.  Good lord...you try to talk world politics, but you can't answer those questions?  I hope you're just joking.  He's talking about Great Britain...whom Tony Blair is prime minister of.  I'm sure I don't need to explain the British monarchy to you.

QuoteWe were discussing this at Youth Convention, when we reheld the presidential election in the church van on the way back to hotel.

Wow that's awesome.[/sarcasm]

Go shake Saddam's hand.

iago

You'd be surprised how many people in the US don't know who Canada's Prime Minister is (and when somebody talks about the Canadian president, my heart sinks).  We're your closest neighbor, and we always know what's going on in American politics (for the most part), but I can't believet hat so many Americans can be so ignorant. 

And by next month, we might have a different Prime Minister.  But that's ok, because a lot of Americans still name our PM from the 80's :)
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Grok

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 14, 2005, 10:05 PMI think he means Grok.  I've found Grok's posts very confusing on whether or not he actually support the US troops

Sure as heck doesn't mean me.  I support the soldiers, sailors, marines, and airmen probably more than any of you will ever know.  Since I see that confusion still prevails, I will once again explain why I started this thread.

Reasoning:

Certain people, for their own agenda, will have you believe that you must go along with their foreign policy and that if you do not, you are not "supporting the troops".  The entire point of this thread is to point out to anyone believing in that manner, who believes that you must agree and support POLICY or you are not supporting the people, our relatives friends and citizens, wearing the uniform and following their orders, that they are NOT the same thing.

You can disagree and protest policy and still be a strong supporter of humans wearing uniform and wishing to defend the ideals of their country and ideals they believe in.

I am one such person.  I have the utmost respect for the individuals who, like myself, consciously and literally volunteered their life to serve the ideals of freedom and defense of freedom for ourselves, and for our allies, wherever in the world that defense needed to be made.  For my six years I knew what purpose I was serving and was proud of it, and still am proud of it.  So I am the FIRST to protest when people try to attack freedom of speech, freedom of pursuit of happiness, anything related to our Constitution, and all those things I DEFENDED.  So how dare ANY OF YOU attack me for defending those ideals that I served to protect.  Now that I am no longer wearing a uniform of an armed service, I do not stop defending the Constitution and our God-given rights or self-given rights.

You should be disgusted when Bush plays the "support our troops" card in order for him to build your support for his foreign policy.  They are NOT the same thing and he is treating each of you as FOOLS for believing they are the same thing.  Every time you argue that people who disagree with his policy must not be supporting troops, he wins in his domination over your mind.

Grok

Quote from: iago on December 15, 2005, 10:43 AM
You'd be surprised how many people in the US don't know who Canada's Prime Minister is (and when somebody talks about the Canadian president, my heart sinks).  We're your closest neighbor, and we always know what's going on in American politics (for the most part), but I can't believet hat so many Americans can be so ignorant. 

And by next month, we might have a different Prime Minister.  But that's ok, because a lot of Americans still name our PM from the 80's :)

Easy to explain, and not joking here.  You may be our closest neighbor but your foreign policy is not one that forces itself into the daily lives of Americans.  We don't need to know what's going on in Canadian politics.  I don't need to know what's going on in Georgia politics and that's the next state up from me.

CrAz3D

I don't know who Canada's prime minister is...
I know Mexico's president
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Forged

I was going to say the same thing actually.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

|