• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Google IM & Google Talk

Started by Falcon[anti-yL], August 23, 2005, 11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quasi-modo

I'll use it as soon as I can get a trillian plugin for the mofo and not a day sooner.
WAR EAGLE!
Quote(00:04:08) zdv17: yeah i quit doing that stuff cause it jacked up the power bill too much
(00:04:19) nick is a turtle: Right now im not paying the power bill though
(00:04:33) nick is a turtle: if i had to pay the electric bill
(00:04:47) nick is a turtle: id hibernate when i go to class
(00:04:57) nick is a turtle: or at least when i go to sleep
(00:08:50) zdv17: hibernating in class is cool.. esp. when you leave a drool puddle

Topaz

GOOGLE IS THE DEVIL

On the other hand, it looks kind of neat. If I weren't an anti-google activist, I might've used it.

dxoigmn

Joe[x86]

[email protected]

Note: I'm using Gaim, not Google Talk, so I can't do voice chat, etc.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Meh

Trance

Anyone got any invites left?

PaiD

Quote from: quasi-modo on August 23, 2005, 11:25 PM
I'll use it as soon as I can get a trillian plugin for the mofo and not a day sooner.
I dont think there is/will be a plugin. If you go to the home page for Google Talk you will see this link for Mac and Linux users can connect to Google Talk using other IM clients. If you click it then it walks you though connecting it via Trillian Pro you do need a plugin called Jabber made by Cerulean Studios that is compatible with your version of Trillian and also Google Talk says you must have Pro for it to work(because you need to download plugins only downloadable to members)
Direct Link: http://www.google.com/support/talk/bin/answer.py?answer=24077
Jabber for 3.0/3.1
Jabber for 2.x
If I am not allowed to post those links on these forums to the plugins let me know and I will remove.

Trance: yea I have some, email?

Edit: Google Talk Name = Corpse.2005

Yegg

iago

I think this says it all:

QuoteIt's become terribly trendy these days for people that want to seem cool
to obsess about every single thing that Google does -- even if it's as
mundane as setting up a Jabber server.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Arta

Mundane is the word. This isn't at all interesting. Where's Google's massive improvements that make their IM service uberleet? Maybe it'll get better in the future but at the moment it just seems like a less useful version of AIM/MSN/ICQ.

Meh

They make it sound fancy as you can talk to other users, but its the same on MSN.

Falcon[anti-yL]

QwertyMonster

Seems cool, but doubt i will use it.

Invert

I am going to use it. This is only a beta version, it should get better. No limit on contacts and no ads are a big plus for me. The interface is clean and not a lot of crap. Interaction with gmail is good too.