• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Man denied law license in AZ

Started by CrAz3D, December 07, 2005, 04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explicit

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 09, 2005, 01:33 PM
From what I read it didnt sound like he acknowledged that he did anything wrong, he just meant to rob them.

The article didn't delve into that aspect of his character.  Who's to say that he did or didn't acknowledge it?
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on December 09, 2005, 02:02 PM
Quote from: CrAz3D on December 09, 2005, 01:33 PM
From what I read it didnt sound like he acknowledged that he did anything wrong, he just meant to rob them.

The article didn't delve into that aspect of his character.  Who's to say that he did or didn't acknowledge it?
"and his failure to own up to his past."
Another quote...
"Chief Justice Ruth McGregor said the court has no rule automatically barring someone with Hamm's past from practicing law, but "an applicant with such a background must make an extraordinary showing of rehabilitation and present good moral character."

Among other things, the court said Hamm failed to take full responsibility for the murders. The justices cited Hamm's claim that he intended only to rob the men -- a statement the court said was inconsistent with the facts."
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Explicit

In a sense, he is owning up when he said that this was going to "atone for the lives I took."

"Hamm, initially charged with two counts of murder, pleaded guilty to one and was sentenced to life in prison."

Grok

Last I checked, pleading guilty and serving 17 years was taking responsibility.

Arta

His intentions, the 'facts', the trial, are all irrelevant: his sentence should be the end of it. Insofar as the state is concerned, the consequenses of his crime should have ended at the end of his sentence. If not, then your justice system is broken.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 09, 2005, 10:35 PM
His intentions, the 'facts', the trial, are all irrelevant: his sentence should be the end of it. Insofar as the state is concerned, the consequenses of his crime should have ended at the end of his sentence. If not, then your justice system is broken.
I believe that his sentence goes beyond just jail time.  That's the inital "don't do it again" thing, the part where he lives shunned by society because he is a murderer is the psychological part of the sentence so he REALLY feels bad about what he did
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 10, 2005, 09:00 AM
I believe that his sentence goes beyond just jail time.  That's the inital "don't do it again" thing, the part where he lives shunned by society because he is a murderer is the psychological part of the sentence so he REALLY feels bad about what he did

Hold a sec. Do you want him to keep murdering people as a full-time murderer or do you want him to get a productive regular job?

CrAz3D

He is a murderer, you can't change that fact.  I didn't say he should continue
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 10, 2005, 02:50 PM
He is a murderer, you can't change that fact.  I didn't say he should continue

A murderer is someone who murders. Do you want him to keep murdering or do you want him to get a regular job?

Joe[x86]

Although having a job doesn't directly exclude killing again, he should be allowed a job.

Being allowed a job as a lawyer is another thing. If he has taken full responsibility and written letters of apology to all family members, he should have an equal chance at becoming a lawyer as others. From what CrAz3D has said (I didn't read the article), he hasn't met with that, and shouldn't.
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Adron

Quote from: Joe on December 10, 2005, 03:11 PM
If he has taken full responsibility

Better to be honest than to take responsibility for things you should not. One of the main issues supposedly is that he says he only intended to rob the victims, and the court does not believe him. Who are they to know his intentions?

CrAz3D

If he didn't mean to kill them why did he?  There wasn't someone there "holding his hand" through the murders so to speak.  He pulled the trigger.  He killed the men.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 10, 2005, 05:12 PM
If he didn't mean to kill them why did he?  There wasn't someone there "holding his hand" through the murders so to speak.  He pulled the trigger.  He killed the men.

You are avoiding the key question, over and over again.  Please answer:
Quote from: Adron on December 10, 2005, 02:52 PM
A murderer is someone who murders. Do you want him to keep murdering[...]?
before continuing, please. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

Explicit

I wonder where the accomplices of this man are.

Adron

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 10, 2005, 05:12 PM

Shit happens.

|