• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Shooting in Miami

Started by Warrior, December 07, 2005, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warrior

Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

CrAz3D

I feel bad for that lady.

I assume this guy forgot to take his meds that day?

In theory, it shouldn't've happened, in reality there was a crazy guy screaming he had a bomb & was reaching into his bag...there was no other option.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Warrior

Yea everything was done as it should have, it was simply a matter of seemingly miscommunication. But it was reported he had a bomb by some people and he reached into his bag and got shot. Sorta sad but unfortunately it's what it's come to.
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

jigsaw

OH jesus, its a perfect example of a working system.. we have a threat, and we got it done.. what idiot mutters something to the effect of "I have a bomb".. its a case of a retarded man who has been shot.. we need more of these retarded people shootings if you ask me.. we can start in California...

FrOzeN

Ok, I agree this is acceptable.

Though I believe a more feasible option would to have shot him in the leg/(s) whilst he ran. Thus it could take him down without the need to kill. Any thoughs on this? Or am I taking it out of context?
~ FrOzeN

Warrior

Also to be brought into concideration is the time there is to respond when something like that happens. If you shoot someone in the legs they can still set off a bomb. Also who really has time to aim with a suspicious man reaching into his bag?

iago

Police are trained to shoot to kill.  I've watched plenty of documentaries about the police (and last night, for some reason, I dreampt that I was being screened by the local PD, for some reason), and they always say the same thing: if an officer is put into a position that he has to use his gun, he is trained to use it lethally. 

I don't remember why, but I know that's how they're trained.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

CrAz3D

Why:
to protect themselves & others
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Adron

Quote from: iago on December 08, 2005, 10:10 AM
Police are trained to shoot to kill.  I've watched plenty of documentaries about the police (and last night, for some reason, I dreampt that I was being screened by the local PD, for some reason), and they always say the same thing: if an officer is put into a position that he has to use his gun, he is trained to use it lethally. 

I don't remember why, but I know that's how they're trained.

Over here, police are trained to shoot to not kill. Choice #1, firing into the air. Choice #2, shooting suspect in the leg. But then we do not live in a society such as America, where the laws make sure every criminal has a gun.

CrAz3D

I didn't realize our criminals bought guns legally, wow, thanks for clearing that up.
(ré-bun-dance)

Arta

I think it's their culture that ensures that criminals are armed, rather than their legal system.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 08, 2005, 10:54 AM
I think it's their culture that ensures that criminals are armed, rather than their legal system.
just wanting to make sure I understand you.  You mean something along the lines of because how they live & how things work, that is why criminals have guns, yeah?  It isnt laws that allow criminals to have guns, correct?
(ré-bun-dance)

Adron

Quote from: Arta[vL] on December 08, 2005, 10:54 AM

And the intertwining of them - culture of everyone having a gun - legal system allowing guns to spread throughout society. Change the legal system and culture will change eventually, change culture and allow legal system to be changed...

CrAz3D

Changing the legal system would require policing the entire world, you want to take on that task?  The US can only do so much while protecting the world.  & as seen in the past, the UN has no real political influence unless the military (of the US & allies) becomes involved.
(ré-bun-dance)

iago

Quote from: CrAz3D on December 08, 2005, 12:45 PM
Changing the legal system would require policing the entire world

Doesn't the US already do that? :P
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*