• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Should children be allowed to vote?

Started by CrAz3D, November 15, 2005, 08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Explicit

Quote from: WoOdTroll on November 16, 2005, 12:36 AM
I wasn't confused at all. I don't think people call teen-agers children. I think you're the one whos confused

I assumed that you were able to draw out what "children" was in context with.  And did I not mention in a previous post to exchange the term "children" with "young adolescent"?  I believe we agreed upon that much.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

WoOdTroll

Sure if now your argument isn't children voting, but young adolescent then we go back to the mandatory government class. Either way... I am sticking with the title of the thread.

CrAz3D

Child oughtn't be allowed to vote as they, generally, are not educated enough as trust said.  They dont know how the system works.  I believe a literacy test would be a good idea for people to take, seriously, screw amendments making it legal for everyone to vote.
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Hitmen

No, because then trust could vote, and that wouldn't be good for anybody.  :P

hismajesty

Quote from: Hitmen on November 16, 2005, 02:44 PM
No, because then trust could vote, and that wouldn't be good for anybody. :P

It'd be good for everybody.

Arta

That bit about teenagers is good. Young children lack the mental capacity to understand complex issues - kids only start to understand shades of gray when they're 9 or 10ish. I forget the exact age.

Teenagers should be allowed to vote, I think.

Joe[x86]

Teenagers, while mentally capable, are NOT mature, though. Nader would stand a chance, as the majority of teenagers would vote for him just for bragging rights.

However, I'd probably vote for Nader, considering hes a consumer rights..person. Its kinda awesome how Nader's Raiders sued GM. =p
Quote from: brew on April 25, 2007, 07:33 PM
that made me feel like a total idiot. this entire thing was useless.

Explicit

Quote from: Joe on November 16, 2005, 10:26 PM
Teenagers, while mentally capable, are NOT mature, though. Nader would stand a chance, as the majority of teenagers would vote for him just for bragging rights.

However, I'd probably vote for Nader, considering hes a consumer rights..person. Its kinda awesome how Nader's Raiders sued GM. =p

Teenagers aren't mature?  Support your argument.

Forged

Quote from: Explicit[nK] on November 17, 2005, 01:08 AM

I went through four years of highschool, personal experience supports the argument...
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Explicit

Quote from: Forged on November 17, 2005, 01:25 AM

Teenagers aren't mature? Support your argument.
I went through four years of highschool, personal experience supports the argument...

I've gone through high school, also.  During that time, I watched friends grow from immature brats, to practically young adults.

hismajesty

I agree, we're not mature. I can't stand teenagers.

Arta

CrAz3D

Joe is a teenager.  Point & match
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

iago

I would have voted for Nader, because I don't like Bush or Kerry.  It's kind of a protest vote, instead of not voting :)

But yeah, Arta took the words right out of my mouth:
Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 17, 2005, 06:43 AM
Plenty of adults are immature.
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

hismajesty

So then we shouldn't let adults vote?

That's retarded. Teenagers are, on average, way less mature than adults. Sure, 18 year olds aren't necessarily more mature - but you have to have some number. If "18" is defined as an "adult" and "adults" have the right to vote, then 18 should be the age.

|