• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

How does this happen?

Started by Invert, November 10, 2005, 03:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Invert

How does this happen to our country? Our politicians are so corrupt that we would rather have convicts be elected.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175187,00.html

CrAz3D

California is one FUCKED UP place.  No offense Invert, but your fellow Californians are nuts.  I hope the San Andreas fault makes that whole place underwater sometime
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

Topaz

Crazed, you're dumb.

You guys don't believe in second chances, huh?

CrAz3D

Quote from: Topaz on November 10, 2005, 08:40 PM
Crazed, you're dumb.

Not when he is supposed to be setting an example for little kids.  Maybe you'd like to have an immoral bastard running your schools, I wouldn't
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).

Invert

Crazed, you're dumb.

Crazed, I agree with you. I am embarrassed of California and I am embarrassed for the whole United States of America.

Topaz, what are you talking about? This guy is a proven wife beater and an illegal drug user. Now he is on the California school board. How many chances should child molesters get with kids, would you give them a 2nd chance?

Topaz

He beat his wife, and was in possession of illegal drugs.

Tons of people who smoke weed are trustworthy.

Wifebeating doesn't equal child molestation.

Dumb.

Forged

It was an analogy smart one...

The point is he not only beat his wife and had drugs in 1998, but when he was released after serving his time he violated his parole and went back to jail.  There is your second chance.
QuoteI wish my grass was Goth so it would cut itself

Adron

Well, wife-beating and child-beating is a typical conservative thing. Makes sense that he could get elected then?

hismajesty

Crazed, you're dumb.

It would have been different if this had happened some time afterwards, but he was IN JAIL during the campaign.

In other news, anybody hear about the 18 year old that was elected mayor of some town (9k pop) - he's still in highschool!

Arta

Getting elected when still in jail is a bit weird. It'd be ok if it was after he got out though.

CrAz3D

Quote from: Adron on November 11, 2005, 12:41 AM
Well, wife-beating and child-beating is a typical conservative thing. Makes sense that he could get elected then?
Not where I'm from.  Conservative people are generally more family oriented.  The crazy liberals are the ones hopped up on coke beating everyone
(ré-bun-dance)

Grok

I don't really see a problem with this other than his inability to do his job until February 15th.  Let's look at it objectively.  The town voters obviously do not care enough about this spot on the school board to have any clue who they are voting for, or they would have voted for a candidate they had met and spoken to about school issues.  Since they did not, its proof the voters do not care who does the job.  The voters were just as happy to select a random person from their ballot.  Their wishes should be respected and a random applicant should be allowed to attempt to do the job.

CrAz3D

The wishes of idiots.  Oye.  W/E, though, I guess.
(ré-bun-dance)

WoOdTroll

Personally, weed isn't bad at all, unless you wish to become a doctor or something that involves a good memory, its not like its coke or herione. If my kid was into drugs I'd rather him smoke weed then crack. Not only that, but its good for medical reasons.

And also you can't teach people experiance. They have to make mistakes on their own, and this guy made mistakes. He got caught having weed on him, big fucking deal. Your Government hates it so bad because they can't make money off it, so they make bullshit propagandas saying its worse(sentances when caught having it) then coke.

Also I've heard a guy who raped a girl got out earlier then some one who was caught, and had 3 Marijuana seeds. 

And sure he beat his wife, heck maybe the dumb women deserved it, or maybe she didn't. But he did his time.

And I am pretty sure if invert or any of you who are against this, did somewhat what he did, you'd be begging for forgiveness, and second chances. Quit being hypocrites.

iago

Quote from: WoOdTroll on November 11, 2005, 11:20 AM
Personally, weed isn't bad at all, unless you wish to become a doctor or something that involves a good memory, its not like its coke or herione. If my kid was into drugs I'd rather him smoke weed then crack. Not only that, but its good for medical reasons.

And also you can't teach people experiance. They have to make mistakes on their own, and this guy made mistakes. He got caught having weed on him, big fucking deal. Your Government hates it so bad because they can't make money off it, so they make bullshit propagandas saying its worse(sentances when caught having it) then coke.

Also I've heard a guy who raped a girl got out earlier then some one who was caught, and had 3 Marijuana seeds. 

And sure he beat his wife, heck maybe the dumb women deserved it, or maybe she didn't. But he did his time.

And I am pretty sure if invert or any of you who are against this, did somewhat what he did, you'd be begging for forgiveness, and second chances. Quit being hypocrites.
You've heard that marijuana is good for medical reasons (sure, if you have glaucoma), you've heard that somebody got out of jail for rape faster than marijuana.  Isn't it possible that the antiauthoritarian drug users/sellers use that type of propoganda to help themselves make money?  Unless you can provide sources on how marijuana makes you more healthy.

Nobody deserves to be beaten.  You'd have to be insane for even thinking that.  That's as dumb as defending torture, although it turns out that some people do.  I know people who beat their wives.  I know wives that stick around and take it, because they don't know anything different.  People who beat their wives are horrible people, and I don't see much that would change them.

This really is a rediculous situation, and I don't know how anybody can defend him.  It's just obvious, as it was said, that people vote randomly and don't care what the result is. 
This'll make an interesting test for broken AV:
QuoteX5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)7}$EICAR-STANDARD-ANTIVIRUS-TEST-FILE!$H+H*

|