• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

USA says: We do not torture, do not make it illegal!

Started by Grok, November 08, 2005, 04:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grok

Quote from: Arta[vL] on November 11, 2005, 07:39 AMThat's completely not the point. Like I said, the point is that we practice what we preach. That we behave in accordance with our values. That we maintain our integrity and credibility with the rest of the world.

If we don't, everything we say is meaningless, and will be perceived as such.

We're nearly at that point now.  In 1988 the UK and US stood for freedom and democracy.  Most of the world were relieved and happy that the Soviet Union collapsed and without a doubt it was attributed to economic success of the free world vs the failed economy of the USSR.

In less than 20 years we have lost most of our respect and credibility.  In the last 5 years alone the USA went from one of the most desired places to immigrate for freedom into a place to be avoided and feared, even by its own citizens.

hismajesty

Yeah, Grok, because over 1 million immigrants a year must be wrong!

CrAz3D

Trusty-poo beat me too it ;)

Yeah, there are still many immigrants that would rather be here than where they're at...otherwise they wouldn't immigrate, ha ha, silly me.
But yeah
rebundance - having or being in excess of sheer stupidity
(ré-bun-dance)
Quote from: Spht on June 22, 2004, 07:32 PMSlap.
Quote from: Adron on January 28, 2005, 09:17 AMIn a way, I believe that religion is inherently evil, which includes Christianity. I'd also say Christianity is eviller than Buddhism (has more potential for evil).
Quote from: iago on April 19, 2005, 01:06 PM
CrAz3D's ... is too big vertically, at least, too big with ... iago ...

hismajesty

But just look at the tons of Americans that can't wait to risk life and limb to get to Mexico, or to Asia, or eastern Europe.

Oh, wait, they're few and far between. Why? Americans visit those places, they don't live there, for good reasons too - they like freedom.

WoOdTroll

The title of this post speaks for itself. No need to argue over it.

Governments corrupt, police force corrupted, educations corrupted, its all fucked up.

Grok

There's a big difference between illegal immigration and legal immigration.  Scholars and scientists in other countries are who we most wish to immigrate here.  I have seen anecdotal evidence of these people claiming they no longer wish to come to Amerika because of the loss of privacy and freedom.

hismajesty

I was not talking about illegal immigration, the majority of immigration is legal.

Edit: In the number I posted, I mean, not the example.

Mephisto

Quote from: hismajesty[yL] on November 11, 2005, 10:36 AM
But just look at the tons of Americans that can't wait to risk life and limb to get to Mexico, or to Asia, or eastern Europe.

Oh, wait, they're few and far between. Why? Americans visit those places, they don't live there, for good reasons too - they like freedom.

I'd just like to point out that there are freedom's in Asia for some countries, such as Korea which is a democracy similar to the U.S., but it's currently thriving substantially economically.

|