• Welcome to Valhalla Legends Archive.

Clan Ops Glitch!

Started by PaiD, November 06, 2005, 12:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaiD

There is a serious flaw on bnet's behalf that allows attackers to gain access to a war3 operated clan channel, I have trying to find the possibilities on how a attacker can comprimise the channel without clan members of the vitimized lending a hand on the assault.  Would anyone here like to help and crack this puzzle with me, any suggestions ideas would be appreciated

Newby

Quote from: Savior on November 06, 2005, 12:59 AM
There is a serious flaw on bnet's behalf that allows attackers to gain access to a war3 operated clan channel, I have trying to find the possibilities on how a attacker can comprimise the channel without clan members of the vitimized lending a hand on the assault.

Would those clan members by any chance designate the attacker and rejoin?

Want to elaborate on how this is done?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

Quote<TehUser> Man, I can't get Xorg to work properly.  This sucks.
<torque> you should probably kill yourself
<TehUser> I think I will.  Thanks, torque.

Newby

Quote from: Savior on November 06, 2005, 01:18 AM
Not sure yet

Want to elaborate on what you have so far? Or are you just stating "I think there's a problem... but I'm not sure yet!"?
- Newby

Quote[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

Networks

Quote from: Savior on November 06, 2005, 12:59 AM
There is a serious flaw on bnet's behalf that allows attackers to gain access to a war3 operated clan channel, I have trying to find the possibilities on how a attacker can comprimise the channel without clan members of the vitimized lending a hand on the assault.  Would anyone here like to help and crack this puzzle with me, any suggestions ideas would be appreciated

* Networks ponders if Deception's idea worked with the source code I gave him that attempted to do it :P

Warrior

eww Deception. Anyway a battle.net glitch, whohoo.
Quote from: effect on March 09, 2006, 11:52 PM
Islam is a steaming pile of fucking dog shit. Everything about it is flawed, anybody who believes in it is a terrorist, if you disagree with me, then im sorry your wrong.

Quote from: Rule on May 07, 2006, 01:30 PM
Why don't you stop being American and start acting like a decent human?

Mystical

I've already figured out, i'd say it here, but i know everyone on battle.net will be checking here, and i don't feel the need everyone should be taking down all clans for this lil bug.

But after you do the trick, You cannot reconnect, other wise you lose status. you may rejoin, leave, come back, as long as you don't disconnect, it also requires the use of proxys. because sending the battle.net packets will ipban you, you do have to load multiple bots. and you gain cheif status. after you reconnect you cannot do it to the same clan channel for another 7 days. You may do this on any client as you wish except warcraft III.

You cannot use anybot to do this as most bots wont let you use these packets on certain clients. its a very easy trick indeed, i am however surprized no one has it done it before.

- - - -

Also other glitchs i have been found while sitting there last night trying to figure this one out was;

You can send whispers to users from them selfs, so it pretty much makes it look like they are talkin to them selfs or you can whisper somone else but from someone else.  you can pretty much act like a bnet rep except in the fact that you cannot change the color of your text to blue.

And also you can drop war3 shamans, and chief, by sending the right packets a certain amount of times fairly simple.

UserLoser.

Topaz

All you're doing is inviting ten starcraft bots, having them accept, and bnet sends you to the specified clan channel that you mentioned. Title and Clan must be identical to the existing clan.

Mystical

Yet your close but your still wrong, theres important things you need to know, other wise your just gunna automaticly drop.

And words been out on bnet since my last post so alot of people figured it out but they can't do it, because they don't know the right requirements needed.

Newby

Quote from: MyStiCaL on November 06, 2005, 06:09 PM
Yet your close but your still wrong, theres important things you need to know, other wise your just gunna automaticly drop.

You mean using proxies?
- Newby

Sean

Since everyone is doing it... i thought i'd tell y'all what to do..

You'll need more than 1 person to do this:
1 Person loads the bot that is going to invite.. the chieftain.
The rest load the remaining 9 bots on 1 client..
and then just invite em all like if you were making a warcraft 3 clan..

Topaz

Mystical: I tested it, it works fine.

Sean: You're just repeating what I said.

DeTaiLs

Does the chieftain have to be a wc3, or is it just all starcraft acting like its making a channel then just over rides the warcraft datebase and puts the starcraft bot as the new chieftain.

This is a bigger problem then I thought alot of people are already posting to b.net saying there channel is getting taken.
http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=opensupport&t=396416&p=1&#post396416

Sean

Its just all sc.. basically making a clan over another clan...

Newby

The Blizzard fanboys are quick to defend anything that would indicate Blizzard is neglectful at maintaining their games. :P
- Newby